Farish 101 DMU stupidly bought with no gubbins.

Started by MrDavidCallan, November 26, 2015, 07:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDavidCallan

Hello all.
I`m fairly new to model railways and forums so please be gentle.
I`ve been enjoying buying non runners from Ebay and love repairing them.
Unfortunately I have met my match.A Class 101 DMU listed as wheels run freely.
I expected there to be some gears missing or at worst no motor.Alas NO motor.Worse than
that,No drive shafts or anything that would engage the bogie gears(step gears are new to me so my box of other diesel spares are of no use)
Does anyone know where I could purchase said drive gear.Will try BR Lines tomorrow but am not hopeful.
Many thanks and look forward to being gleaned with many words of wisdom,shall we start with "Dont take chances on Ebay".

MrDavidCallan

Thanks very much,I was bedazzled by the NSE livery...On the upside the old spares box grows ever larger.

Tank

Quote from: Only Me on November 26, 2015, 09:22:52 PM
Nobby i cant believe Tank still sells those NSE push pulls lol ha ha!

Oi!  Don't blame me!  :D  I sold my two models a year ago funnily enough, in the hope that the new NSE models would be out by now.

I hope you can get you model fixed MrDavidCallan.  Do you know what type of motorised chassis that you have?  If I remember rightly, one of the gears aren't made any more.

Dr Al

Quote from: Only Me on November 26, 2015, 08:45:10 PM
Br lines or DR Al of this very forum... He has a 101 chassis on ebay at the moment !!!!

No I don't. You're associating me with the wrong ebayer clearly - though it would suit the OP though:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-Gauge-Farish-DMU-Powered-Railcar-Chassis-/391326870722?hash=item5b1ce62cc2:g:ce0AAOSwys5WUkIv

What I can tell you is the BR Lines, after 15 years, now have new fresh produced stocks of 16 tooth gears for the 101s/Railcars. Hurrah!!!!

At last!!! Had communication of this from Bob at BR Lines within the last week.

HTH folks,
Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

koyli55002

bought a whole box of the old 101 chassis a couple of years ago - haven't got round to rebuilding them as yet though !

MrDavidCallan

Hey Tank how do I identify which chassis I have?Don't want to embarrass myself again when I phone Bob 😲

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations