Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

guest311

didn't Tank have one with the best aircraft ever on it and loads of rockapes  ;D

bluedepot

hi,

a model of an aviation museum would be excellent.  you could show some of an airport / taxiway / runway on the back scene.  the aviation museum itself could literally just be a hanger and 4 or 5 aircraft parked up on concrete or grass.  there are quite a few corgi model aircraft to choose from now as well as kits.

anyway my DC-3 won't actually be on my layout, it will be on a shelf somewhere! 

tim

CarriageShed

While there seems to be a dearth of Southern Railway RTR locos available on the secondhand market at the moment, the gap seems to have been filled very well by the LMS. My latest 'wohoo!' addition to the stud is this lovely little 0-6-0 Fowler 4F.

Can't wait to give it a good run and see what it's capable of.

Agrafarfan

Quote from: Pete33 on September 04, 2013, 08:15:23 PM
While there seems to be a dearth of Southern Railway RTR locos available on the secondhand market at the moment, the gap seems to have been filled very well by the LMS. My latest 'wohoo!' addition to the stud is this lovely little 0-6-0 Fowler 4F.

Can't wait to give it a good run and see what it's capable of.

Nice looking loco, looks in good condition too  :thumbsup:
I never heard of gem before.

Skyline2uk

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Agrafarfan on September 04, 2013, 08:31:52 PM
Nice looking loco, looks in good condition too  :thumbsup:
I never heard of gem before.

GEM is an old old producer of kits (George E Mellor if I remember correctly) in OO, TT, and N. Various white metalkits of differing quality. The 4F is in some ways better than the RTR one but only if you are good at building them. This one looks to have been extremely well made.

I have part of one somewhere. The boiler and various other bits are the scrap around the back of the engine shed on Planby.

The GEM and Fleetline range is now owned by Lytchett Manor Models who have so far re-released the 28XX, L&Y Aspinall 0-6-0ST (lovely little loco), SR Z class 0-8-0 tank, J39 and the LMS/BR 7F. The S&D 7F is supposed to be re-appearing at TINGS.

They are also having a sale of signs

http://www.lytchettmanor.co.uk/clearance-items.html

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dorsetmike

Quote. The S&D 7F is supposed to be re-appearing at TINGS.

They did ask for email orders by last weekend on the Yahoo N gauge group last week.

Has anybody noticed their postal address  is the old Farish Poole factory site, recently moved there.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

CarriageShed

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 04, 2013, 09:31:22 PM
GEM is an old old producer of kits (George E Mellor if I remember correctly) in OO, TT, and N. Various white metalkits of differing quality. The 4F is in some ways better than the RTR one but only if you are good at building them. This one looks to have been extremely well made.

It does look as though it's in very good condition. There are just a few tiny scratches in the paintwork that will need to be touched up, but that's all. It was a bit reluctant to run on the short piece of test track I have at the moment, but I'm hoping that a good run around a test oval after I've moved house will wake it up.

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 04, 2013, 09:31:22 PM
The GEM and Fleetline range is now owned by Lytchett Manor Models who have so far re-released the 28XX, L&Y Aspinall 0-6-0ST (lovely little loco), SR Z class 0-8-0 tank, J39 and the LMS/BR 7F. The S&D 7F is supposed to be re-appearing at TINGS.

I have the SR Z Class, too. Like the 7F, that goes on a Graham Farish 2-8-0 chassis, although with the 2 removed of course. I'd love to have the 7F in S&D black, but building it is certainly out of my league for a while.

Gooner1953

That looks really good Peter; as Alan says, better than the RTR version! You are going to have an impressive loco stable by the time you move....

Nick

CarriageShed

Quote from: Gooner1953 on September 05, 2013, 03:44:57 AM
That looks really good Peter; as Alan says, better than the RTR version! You are going to have an impressive loco stable by the time you move....

Nick

Well I'm up to nineteen locos already and the move is pencilled in for the end of the month. I might already have managed impressive, or is nineteen still in the beginner's class?  :hmmm:

CarriageShed

I can see that I'm a mere beginner, a humble disciple kneeling at the feet of far greater beings  :D

:admiration:

mereman

I hate to think what that makes me*.. with all of 4 locos :D

*Please be kind when you answer that ;D
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations