Photobucket - warning 3rd party linking isn't no longer supported

Started by Maurits71, June 30, 2017, 02:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Good news PP. Glad it's sorted. :thumbsup:

Now, about these random photos :hmmm: - I think it is against Forum Rule #57a to post pretty landscapes or seascapes without full location details. ;)

Looking forward now to seeing future pics of your excellent layouts.  :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Quote from: daffy on July 11, 2017, 01:15:57 PM
Good news PP. Glad it's sorted. :thumbsup:

Now, about these random photos :hmmm: - I think it is against Forum Rule #57a to post pretty landscapes or seascapes without full location details. ;)

Looking forward now to seeing future pics of your excellent layouts.  :)

Ha Ha.
Well, the camper is our own 72 VW Westfallia at the historic vehicle gathering at Powderham Castle near Exeter on Sat and Sunday.
The view is looking West from Charlestown towards the Roseland Peninsula last week in the hot sun.
The 800 is on a test run from North Pole Jct to Penzance two weeks ago. Taken at Redruth station. A mighty fine beast.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Karhedron

So what are the free alternatives? I am thinking of generally rather than just uploading photos here. Whilst welcome, I doubt Tank would appreciate me uploading non-railway related photos for me to link to other sites. ;)

Drop Box and Flikr both seem to charge if you want to link. Nothing like the extortionate amount Photobucket are demanding but not an expense I wish to foot for something that is just a hobby.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Karhedron

Quote from: Ben A on June 30, 2017, 03:31:10 PM
This reminds me of the fotopic fiasco of a few years ago.  What is it with photo hosting sites?

Sooner or later they discover that the advertising revenue from free users does not cover their running costs. Users who link their photos to a site like this do not pop up adverts and hence generate no revenue. Hosting is low return but linking is zero return.

Sadly even on the internet, there is no such thing as a free lunch. :(
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Karhedron on July 12, 2017, 03:42:13 PM
So what are the free alternatives? I am thinking of generally rather than just uploading photos here.
Do you get any free web space with your ISP?

I use my PlusNet space for stuff that doesn't get uploaded to a specific forum.  I've never bothered to check if there are any fancy hosting tools, I just upload using FTP and link directly to the file.

[edit]Actually, looking at my account I only get a paltry 100Mb, and that's only because I've had the same old package for several years. Current home broadband packages don't include any web space.[/edit]
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Karhedron

This is a test shot of Paddington station pilot Pannier 8763. Can everyone see this?

Mito

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Karhedron

RichardBattersby

Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

red_death

Quote from: Karhedron on July 12, 2017, 03:42:13 PM
So what are the free alternatives?

Drop Box and Flikr both seem to charge if you want to link.

I use Flickr (though I pay something like £20/yr) but you can use it for free and hotlink provided you include a link back to the Flickr page - see their Community Guidelines:

"Flickr makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr. "

Cheers, Mike

Mr Sprue

Quote from: RichardBattersby on July 13, 2017, 04:56:42 PM
Quote from: Karhedron on July 12, 2017, 10:34:16 PM
And now to repair umpteen broken links...  :doh:

Same here! ☹

For some reason I'm not having any issues (yet!) in fact I posted some images on the forum yesterday!

Rabbitaway

Same here

Photobucket links still working even although I received the e-mail from them yesterday stating I was linking to third party sites and this would be disabled.

Let's see how long this lasts

If the links brake I will just have to up load selected photo directly to the forum

I have only really used Photobucket for this forum and a few pictures for a car forum a long time ago

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations