Rare Dapol pieces?

Started by Intercity, July 27, 2017, 09:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intercity

I managed to complete my Pretendolino (at substantial cost), I considered these pieces to be hard to come by but not overly rare, on reading up through a few threads it seems the W&S, EWS exec, some of the HSTs (GC comes to mind) and one I didn't know about the 4car ScotRail set appear to be in the same category.

Would any of the above be rare (your own interpretation of the meaning is welcome, hard to come by, limited stock levels, odd paint/colour etc)

And any to add?

njee20

Depends a bit on what you mean by "rare", loads of stuff is no longer available and consequently commands a higher price, other things that spring to mind as selling for significantly more than their new cost:

- 5th coaches for Voyagers
- IC Swallow 86
- FGW mk3 buffet (somewhat quashed by the forthcoming batch)
- ATW booksets

Skyline2uk

Two words:

Dutch Dogfish

The collectors club box set  of 6 with Dutch class 26 seems to appear on eBay occasionally (got mine at a show for less than new).

I have never seen single boxed examples for sale!

Skyline2uk

carderrail

Quote from: njee20 on July 27, 2017, 09:40:03 PM
Depends a bit on what you mean by "rare", loads of stuff is no longer available and consequently commands a higher price,

You are right mainly due to Dapol producing much smaller batches than Farish, some items can be as low as 125 (especially where multiple items are produced). The limited editions packs like the Scotrail Mk3s I think were only 100 or so...

Some of the wagons can be difficult to find, Dogfish and the Container Flats are not often seen. And there are a few 6-Wheel Milk Tankers I have taken time to find... stupid of me to get rid of them and then decide I want them again..

Tony

njee20

Yes, the FEAs don't come up much, they've re-run IKAs so maybe they'll follow.

scruff

A couple to add:

4 coach Mk3 bookset in Blue/grey with sc prefixed numbers
Mk3 Test car 10 in Railway technical centre blue/red
Class 26 bookset with class 26 in civil engineers dutch livery plus 6 dogfish
Autocoach in Railway technical centre blue/red

I've never seen a dutch dogfish at a shop or a show either!

Cheers
Mark

Skyline2uk

QuoteClass 26 bookset with class 26 in civil engineers dutch livery plus 6 dogfish

Yeah that's the one I managed to grab.

Another example of my now wife being very understanding!

Skyline2uk

LeftToMyOwnDevices

Quote from: scruff on July 28, 2017, 10:24:30 PM
A couple to add:

4 coach Mk3 bookset in Blue/grey with sc prefixed numbers

Cheers
Mark

I feel quite lucky then, that I picked up a pair of these, when Hattons had them on offer for about £72 IIRC. Seemed a cheap (sorry, cost-effective) way of getting a full trainload. Also bought a TRSB, to complete the WCML train I wanted, to go along with my existing BG (with B4 bogies). :)

Charles.
"Underground, Overground: Our friends Electric"

Ollie3440

Quote from: Skyline2uk on July 27, 2017, 09:44:39 PM
Two words:

Dutch Dogfish

The collectors club box set  of 6 with Dutch class 26 seems to appear on eBay occasionally (got mine at a show for less than new).

I have never seen single boxed examples for sale!

Skyline2uk

I'll second the Dutch Dogfish! I've been lucky enough to pick up a single boxed example but I'm still on the lookout for another 3! A couple of black ones and a rusty one would be nice too!

Given some of Dapol's new items have been put on the back burner it would be nice for them to re-release some of these 'rarer items. Spine Wagons, Megafrets, Dogfish to name but a few!

Cheers

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Bob G

Quote from: Intercity on July 30, 2017, 02:15:35 PM
There were a few black dogfish on eBay yesterday, can't remember how long was left on the listings though

Its funny
The Dogfish is looking quite old against the Sealion, Grampus and the even newer Mermaid. How things change in such a short time when we have competition between manufacturers.

Bob

Vanders

The Dogfish in almost any livery may be it; I know I struggled to get the 4 black ones that I have. I think they only ever did one run of them, and they clearly didn't sell well enough for them to repeat it.

njee20

10 black Dogfish on eBay right now.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations