World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Hopefully in this digital age where so many post photos and videos online, it will be possible for the local Police to identify and punish those who damage so much in this way. The damage is not just physical, but does untold harm to the image of the Englishman abroad. Not that much assistance in that regard is required following similar displays by so-called fans over the years.
Whether it's booze, adrenalin, euphoria or just mindless stupidity that leads to these sorry scenes, it should be countered heavily and severely until the message becomes clear: "Unacceptable!"
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

weave

Idiots, as others have said. Have a laugh but don't go mental.

I think all is calm in Russia. Apparently, according to British radio, Putin said that if any Russian hooligan caused any trouble whatsoever 'they would never see their family again'.

Seems to have worked. Nanny state or dictatorship, you decide  ???

Can we go back to football?

Cheers weave  :beers:

guest311

seems that, as usual, so called fans manage to spoil the general joy as usual.

hope the dorset dogs managed to deal with a few of these idiots.

as I was always told
'drunkenness is no excuse for offenses committed'

book 'em Dano, idiocy one  ;D 

port perran

A bit of a first.
We were at a very large classic car show at Powderham on Fri/Sat/Sun showing our VW camper Bertie.
So....we listened to the football on the radio. Very strange at the show, really busy Sat morning and today but incredibly quiet on Sat afternoon. One wonders why??

Anyway, gals England won. Ready for the SF on Wednesday.
And Weave...lso...double kebabs all round then  :beers:
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

weave

Hi Martin,

Please don't blame my Brittany residents if France 'large chicken' up his Croatia to win it or England/Belgium in the final bets.

Now, do you want salad with it? I don't like cucumber but I do like all the other gubbins.

Can't wait for Wednesday. I'm so lost today I even did a bit of work on the layout although nothing worth reporting.

Lawrence

Whilst Gareth Southgate, his backroom squad and the players themselves have displayed dignity, respect and humility, unfortunately the EBC (formally the BBC), BBC & ITV commentators and pundits, and to an extent, the English public themselves have not, yet, seem surprised by the lack of support for a home nation by the rest of the UK  ::)

As a (Scottish) Anglo-Scot, with an English wife, we have visited Croatia several times, we love the people, the country, the food, the whole shabang. It's not going to be an easy semi final to watch, guaranteed one of us will be happier tho  ;)

acook

Now, do you want salad with it? I don't like cucumber but I do like all the other gubbins.

The same here!
Mint sauce and chilli sauce.
Standard Friday night Tucker.

Alan

weave

Morning all,

Just seeing if anyone is feeling nervous like me.

I didn't get to watch the game last night but saw a few highlights. Lets hope Pickford can keep up being as good as LLoris and Courtois who made some fantastic saves.

We shall see. Hope you all get to watch and enjoy it.

Come on England!  :claphappy:

Thought talking about it might calm my nerves but no, still a nervous wreck and still got all day to get through  :doh:.

port perran

I thought last nights semi final was a cracker.
Maybe Belgium were unlucky but it could have gone either way.
I'm not nervous about this evening. I don't really get nervous (even when I'm at a live game).
I believe (for the first time ever I think) in this England team and its manager so yrs, I think England will win.
I'll stick my neck out 3-0!
Come on England.
PS - I stopped taking my antibiotics a week ago so it'll be beers whilst watching the game  :beers:
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

broadsword

My local has a Worls Cup  sweepstake, fiver a go, winner gets £100, runner up £50, third placed £10.
I drew Poland...... :(

Bealman

Quote from: port perran on July 11, 2018, 07:36:59 AM
I thought last nights semi final was a cracker.
Maybe Belgium were unlucky but it could have gone either way.
I'm not nervous about this evening. I don't really get nervous (even when I'm at a live game).
I believe (for the first time ever I think) in this England team and its manager so yrs, I think England will win.
I'll stick my neck out 3-0!
Come on England.
PS - I stopped taking my antibiotics a week ago so it'll be beers whilst watching the game  :beers:

Glad to hear that.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi Martin,

Glad you can have a few + beers.

With Belgium out, let's hope that there'll be NO free kebabs. I'll pay!!

Nerves are calming. Thinking more positive.

Bob Tidbury

I don't usually watch football but I will be ringing my mates to cancel tonight's running session in the shed for a few reasons.
1 It's absolutely roasting in the shed .
2 Due to the extreme heat I have an electrical problem with isolating gaps closing up ,due to me NOT useing I R Js .
3 My son is the teams chef so he is over there looking after their meals and we as a family sit and watch the match in case we see him in the background.
This year is the first time in my life that I have ever watched a football match all the way through.My family even recorded the last match for me as I was at the Conway show ,they also recorded the U K Formula one race at Silverstone which I will watch this afternoon .
I have even bought an England car flag to fly on the end of my shed .
Does any one have a Canadian car flag to go the other side as that would remind me of my once in a lifetime holiday abroad .P M me if you have one please.
Bob Tidbury

Bealman

A pub here in my town has recently installed a trailer selling supposedly Canadian hamburgers and has a million of them flying outside!

Anyway, C'mon poms!  :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi George,

I won't go the obvious route but think you should edit 'them' to 'flags'. Does paint an amusing picture  :D.

By the way, will most aussies support Croatia like the anti England (irish, welsh, scots) brigade? Just wondering.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations