what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve59

Taking up my sidings redesigning with electrofrog points.

Caz

Quote from: Steve59 on July 28, 2018, 08:19:51 PM
Taking up my sidings redesigning with electrofrog points.

A wise and excellent decision Steve.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

stevewalker

In recent months I've added the extra boards to complete the "U" rather than an "L" and built a hill with tunnels for one corner. Since then it has just been too hot. Lack of sleep due to the heat (our house seems to store it and release it all into our bedroom - it is like walking into a wall of heat); working all day in an office with failed air conditioning and then coming home to a hot house has left me lacking any energy. The shed is way too hot, so nothing has happened. Hopefully the weather is cooling and I have ordered parts to fit a temperature controlled fan through the shed wall to reduce the heat build-up.

Newportnobby

It's not been good for many of us, Steve. I just thank my lucky stars I don't live in a city full of concrete that holds the heat or in the Sarf East where they've been getting higher temperatures anyway :sweat:
Much better today though :D

Bealman

I was out painting steps today. Middle of Aussie winter.... 28 degrees!

Mind you, it could be 3 tomorrow.  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

castrovalva

Come down to Tassie.  Slightly different Aussie winter here. ;)

Phoenix

I was checking that a Toad break van, which I needed for my little "Windmill Hill" layout would work on the tight curves I have, when my next  door neighbour popped round.

Result, we are "testing" the layout, 3.00 am beautiful night, under the stars in my back yard with a bottle of "Famous Grouse"

Watching trains run round, on a beautiful night in pleasant company, is what I am doing on my layout now.

How awesome is that :D :D :D :D :D :D

Love you all,

kevin

:beers:

port perran

Quote from: Phoenix on August 03, 2018, 03:31:29 AM
I was checking that a Toad break van, which I needed for my little "Windmill Hill" layout would work on the tight curves I have, when my next  door neighbour popped round.

Result, we are "testing" the layout, 3.00 am beautiful night, under the stars in my back yard with a bottle of "Famous Grouse"

Watching trains run round, on a beautiful night in pleasant company, is what I am doing on my layout now.

How awesome is that :D :D :D :D :D :D

Love you all,

kevin

Sounds great fun but a tad late for me I'm afraid .
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

I think, unless it was an emergency, my neighbour came round at 3 a.m. they might not survive to go home >:D

Phoenix

Ha !

It was an emergency...... there were trains to watch and whiskey to be drunk  :D

All the best
Kevin

violets49

Test running my latest aquisition from Hattons. a pre-owned Minitrix (Actually 'Hornby-Minitrix') Class 27. Its already into my 'rebuild programme' and will soon join the existing fleet of 27's (Minitrix, Graham farish converted 33's and Dapol.) Some of the minitrix are verging on 50m years old and still going strong. I wonder if any of theDapols will still be running 50 years hence (Not that I'll ever know!) Most of the Graham Farish chassis are 'S.u.' now. This latest is almost brand new and doesn't seem to have been used much. I'm well pleased. :)

stephen lewis

Approximately one year into construction of my first layout I have been trying my hand at scenery; building hills, road, tunnel mouths, static grass, more trees than Ashdown forest, etc.
Consequently no train running for about 6 weeks, I have started to be more irritable than ever at work, wake up shouting strange tongues and my dogs think I have finally gone barking mad.

Is this normal?

:pint: :pint

The Q

Not a lot , i've effectively had a fortnight off, but tonight I'll be playing musical base boards, as a "finished for now board", is replaced by a "track but nothing else board", on the modelling table,..

Bealman

Major restoration, and I mean major. Lot of work required.

Oh, and running my new RevolutioN tankers on the parts of the layout that work!  :thumbsup:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

AndyRA

Decided to take the green 6B out of the display case and give it a run with the 6S

Andy.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations