Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip.

The 08 I got from Rails, and the two wagons from my recent trip to Salzburg

Newportnobby

This venerable old lady has been added to my roster, thanks to a couple of forum members. She's a little noisy but, at thirty or so years of age, so was I ;D
Here she is on a short, (very) mixed freight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq3pex1n9rlt3ry/Prairie%20on%20Kimbolted.MOV?dl=0

Jimbo

Sounds like she's got tooth ache! Seems to run very smoothly though  :thumbsup:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Newportnobby

Not really any noisier than my more modern Dapol locos and with better slow running :) :)

port perran

Seems pretty smooth for her age.
I've got an old Poole 94xx pannier which makes a similar sound. Runs ok though.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Quote from: newportnobby on January 31, 2018, 04:27:49 PM
Ah. Fond memories of July 2013 :D
Yes indeed! I saw them a week or so before we met up with you in Blackpool, Mick.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Train Waiting

That's a very nice engine.  I hope you get a lot of fun running it.

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Intercity

Bit of a long one this time, included are a Blue/grey HST, an EMT 156, GBRF 66, EWS 60, Test car 10 and a Pretendolino FO.

The 156 has issues (won't move or power up, it's DCC fitted, and the paint and glazing needs attention), the 66 has possible split gears.

GScaleBruce

From time to time, strange things turn up in the yard at Steinheim am Main. But then again, when it has to double up as Peterhampton Junction, perhaps it's to be expected. Having discovered that SR "Bogie B" vans lasted in traffic until the mid 1980's, it was inevitable that one would join the already substantial parcels fleet. And surely any layout with Southern Region leanings would be incomplete without a class 73...

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Pjlons83

Just returned from a local exhibition with this little bundle.

Star of the show for me is this little fella;

I've wanted one since I started thinking about building a layout so safe to say I am "well chuffed"!  :D
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

mickster04

University of Dundee has arrived in NZ!
I also got 47711 Greyfriars Bobby (not pictured) so my collection of 47s grows ever stronger!

Mr. Germanman

Arriving at the last week, i bought this Beauty from Rails of Sheffield,
it need five days from Britain to Germany. Today i fit a Kühn 045 DCC Decoder in it.
She runs very smooth, no noise and with the matt varnish weathering outfit she looks very elegant.

This is the first photo i have uploaded here.
Michael
Better a small and ugly Layout as no Modelrailway

daffy

That Royal Scot looks good Michael. :thumbsup:

I model Swiss railways, and buy most from German retailers. The postal time is usually about the same - 4 or 5 days, cost of postage varies from €3.90 to €14.99, depending on order values. How do Rails compare?
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

I do not normally post in this thread, but I had to show my latest purchase, which arrived from the Netherlands today. It is a Kato Class 66 in the livery of Opel/GM, second hand and DCC ready. A nice looking engine which runs superb. From what I can find out, the engine was released in 2008 and then withdrawn. I am very pleased with the purchase, as I did not know this version existed until last week and it can now haul my two Opel/GM wagons, (hence the request for more under 'Wanted'!). One very happy ' n gauger'.  :thumbsup:

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

ntpntpntp

Quote from: dannyboy on February 26, 2018, 06:55:55 PM
I do not normally post in this thread, but I had to show my latest purchase, which arrived from the Netherlands today. It is a Kato Class 66 in the livery of Opel/GM, second hand and DCC ready.

Probably should be posted under show your latest continental purchase?    I do like the Kato 66s, very smooth and reliable. The scale difference compared to Farish and Dapol is very evident!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations