BR Lines

Started by Syrius, September 05, 2018, 10:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrius

Hi everyone.  I've been trying to contact BR Lines through their website. However it's been over a week and I haven't had a reply.  I was wondering if anyone knows if they are away on holiday perhaps?

tunneroner61

I find it best to ring him.

Norman

Tank

I haven't contacted them for some months, but I have always had a reply within 24 hours, as well as follow up emails.

Skyline2uk

In my experience Bob has always been very reliable so I would call him to see if he is available (every chance he could be on holiday).

Be aware that due to the aforementioned reliability; he often has a very long waiting list for jobs.

Skyline2uk

Paul-H

Hi

I have always phoned them, as that is also the only way to order from them, as there Website has no ordering facility, which is a bit odd in this day and age.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Adam1701D

I have just gone down the e-commerce route and it is no small feat to put all your stock onto a new system, believe me  :)

If you have a large catalogue, it is a massive job to get everything on the new site. I'm still adding bits to mine...
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

robert shrives

Hi ,
Spoke to Robert two days ago to place order and he was at full speed with repairs.  I imagine him sitting in a USS enterprise style captains chair as he seems able to turn and put his hand on the parts required so easily.

A pleasure to deal with everytime.
Robert   

Mito

I spoke to his wife placing an order this week and had an email confirmation within 2 hours.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Newportnobby

Quote from: robert shrives on September 06, 2018, 09:47:03 AM
I imagine him sitting in a USS enterprise style captains chair......

.....muttering "NGauge" to himself

Syrius

@Newportnobby

That made me laugh out loud. Definitely needs a "Picard Face Palm"

Thanks for all the replies.  Looks like I'll need to give him a call.

kirky

Quote from: robert shrives on September 06, 2018, 09:47:03 AM
Hi ,
Spoke to Robert two days ago to place order and he was at full speed with repairs.  I imagine him sitting in a USS enterprise style captains chair as he seems able to turn and put his hand on the parts required so easily.

A pleasure to deal with everytime.
Robert   
Ive actually been in his repair room. Im afraid its a little more mundane than you imagine. Its just an upstairs bedroom in a semi I'm afraid. However, he did have the biggest angle poise magnifier I've ever seen! He also had countless little organiser boxes, the ones that stack - millions of 'em.

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations