Catalogues?

Started by Ted, August 23, 2018, 10:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Hi folks,

Am I being daft, or is there no way to buy the Dapol 2018 catalogue? I can only find the online version.

Also, as a newbie are there any other catalogues you recommend?

I have the current Peco and Farish.

Cheers.
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Bealman

I have a 1963 Triang catalogue with a Terence Cuneo cover for $50 if you want it  ;) ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ted

Quote from: Bealman on August 23, 2018, 10:28:21 AM
I have a 1963 Triang catalogue with a Terence Cuneo cover for $50 if you want it  ;) ;D

Are they DCC ready? :P
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

No, but the 1963 Britannia was fitted with a smoke unit!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bramshot

Dapol do not do a printed catalogue.  I usually buy the Graham Farish one.

Philip.

If you join the Bachmann Collectors Club, included in the membership is the Farish catalogue amongst other goodies

themadhippy

I cant understand  why people are willing to pay,for what is essentially a sales brochure,especially now when everything you want to know is on line.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Bramshot

Because not everything is online, at least as far as GF are concerned. No info on coupling types, motor types, sound / speakers and so on.
Also because it is nice to be able to browse without an electronic gadget.
Having said that, there is no guarantee that what is in the catalogue is actually available.
If an online version was both up to date and had all the info then yes, I think it would have the edge.
Bachmann can't even get the service sheets for their current models on the website.

thebrighton

My take on N gauge brochures is it's full of here's what we've released recently so there's a fair chance they're now out of stock and it'll be a couple of years until the next run, here's what we've been promised will be on the next slow boat from China but we don't know if it's set sail yet, here's a photo of an 'OO' example that's now appeared in 3 editions but we're sure will be with you soon and here's an item we've baggsied so it may or may not appear somewhen in the near or distant future.
A bit tongue in cheek but most catalogues should be on the fiction shelf rather than factual ;)

Bramshot

Quote from: Lindi on August 23, 2018, 05:12:22 PM

If you have a service sheet for a recent model that you required then Bachmann will email it to you.

Yes ,but why not get them onto the website. If they have them as .pdfs it should be a matter of moments to add them. What is the point of an incomplete 'knowledge base'?  I use them as one of the few ways to find out about a model before I buy it, ( the things that aren't mentioned in the catalogue) like whether it has tyres, what sort of pickups.

ntpntpntp

Quote from: thebrighton on August 23, 2018, 04:08:31 PM
A bit tongue in cheek but most catalogues should be on the fiction shelf rather than factual ;)
Classic examples being the Lima N catalogues of the late 70s:  J50 tank, Pannier tank, GWR King class, Western diesel hydraulic - all pictured using doctored OO models (eg. a big N coupling!), none ever appeared!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Buffin

Do any Japanese companies do N gauge catalogues in English?

Bramshot

Yes, that's where I was looking -for Class 40, not there, no Ivatt 2 MT either. I didn't mean none of them were there, just not all. Old models should also be there. If GF don't have them, who else would be expected to? And I thought that was the new site. It seems to have more on than it used to.

Bramshot

Thanks for that Lindi. The maintainance sheet is a lot better than previous offerings, I hope that is the new 'style'.

What lubricant is conductive though?

If they mean the peco electro lube stuff, it isn't. It just has cleaning agents in it.

I am putting a you choos loaded sound decoder in mine.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations