Dalek

Quote from: newportnobby on February 06, 2018, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: Dalek on February 06, 2018, 08:19:06 AM
Baby Deltics will hopefully happen now after the Claytons ?   :thumbsup:
Maybe next year for them @DJM Dave  ?  :D

Craig

I'm living in hope ;D

tutenkhamunsleeping

Well I've just ordered myself a nice new Class 17 and volunteered to pay up front. Hopefully that's better for the N Gauge hobby than just slinging mud :thumbsup:

midsummerend

I'll be buying mine after Easter.

Newportnobby

@DJM Dave
I was never going to order these as they are completely outside my modelled location but am prepared to make an exception. However, I'd like a green + SYP weathered twin pack (powered + dummy) and there doesn't seem to be such an option. If it's planned could you add it to your website pre order page and I'll do the necessary and pay. Thanks.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: newportnobby on February 06, 2018, 02:39:22 PM
@DJM Dave
I was never going to order these as they are completely outside my modelled location but am prepared to make an exception. However, I'd like a green + SYP weathered twin pack (powered + dummy) and there doesn't seem to be such an option. If it's planned could you add it to your website pre order page and I'll do the necessary and pay. Thanks.

Interesting point but if you have been following Dapols recent comments that a dummy is only marginally less to produce than a powered one you might follow my lead by buying a powered model and strip out the motor for your spares box.  Over the last few years I have found myself using most of these salvaged motors swapped out with motors in poorer runners, and the supply modern locos spares wont last forever.

Newportnobby

Nice idea but I don't pull things apart so have no spares box and wouldn't know what to do with one if I did. I'd also have to re-number the second one, again something I'm not capable of. Lastly, Dave's pricing is eminently reasonable for a dummy whereas Dapol pitch theirs way too high IMO.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: newportnobby on February 06, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
Nice idea but I don't pull things apart so have no spares box and wouldn't know what to do with one if I did. I'd also have to re-number the second one, again something I'm not capable of. Lastly, Dave's pricing is eminently reasonable for a dummy whereas Dapol pitch theirs way too high IMO.

I started dismantling things when I was 3 and 55 years later  :D 8)  :laugh3:

Just checked and you can order

N Gauge N17-006T D8574 BR Blue (powered) + D8583 BR Blue (dummy) Twin Pack - £149.95
N Gauge N17-007T D8616 BR Green SYWP (powered) + D8561 BR Green SYWP (Dummy) Twin Pack - £149.95

so happy days. :beers:

Newportnobby

Aye. But I can also purchase N17-005 powered green SYP weathered but there's no dummy to go with it. As a general rule I always prefer to buy the weathered version of a loco.

I'm very good at dismantling stuff. It's the putting it back together I find impossible :-[

Snowwolflair

I just had an email from Dave re fitting DCC and sound chips, and I quote:

"The sound decoder goes in the fuel tank, simply plug in, and a sugar cube speaker will go in the cab."  :thumbsup:

robert shrives

In the dummy will be room for a dcc smoke unit as well !!!

Robert

Snowwolflair

Quote from: robert shrives on February 06, 2018, 04:02:48 PM
In the dummy will be room for a dcc smoke unit as well !!!

Robert

If you use a CT Electronic decoder you don't need a separate smoke unit  :goggleeyes:

Dalek

Quote from: newportnobby on February 06, 2018, 02:39:22 PM
@DJM Dave

:thankyousign:

This is something is would also want if it was available. I have ordered the green twin pack and the weathered green loco on it's own, if the twin pack was also weathered that would be really good, no idea if this would be viable or not, only @DJM Dave can advise i guess. Given we have all given this a wee push over the line whats the chances Dave ?

Craig

belstone

Quote from: Snowwolflair on February 06, 2018, 03:00:15 PM

N Gauge N17-007T D8616 BR Green SYWP (powered) + D8561 BR Green SYWP (Dummy) Twin Pack - £149.95

That's unfortunate.  These little beasts had two different control systems depending on who built them.  8616 was Beyer Peacock built (blue star) and 8561 was Clayton (red diamond).  The only time they would have run together was when one had failed and was being dragged to works for attention by the other. (Which happened rather a lot with Class 17s.) 

Snowwolflair

Quote from: belstone on February 06, 2018, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on February 06, 2018, 03:00:15 PM

That's unfortunate.  These little beasts had two different control systems depending on who built them.  8616 was Beyer Peacock built (blue star) and 8561 was Clayton (red diamond).  The only time they would have run together was when one had failed and was being dragged to works for attention by the other. (Which happened rather a lot with Class 17s.)

Yes, that's why ones a dummy   :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations