Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Quote from: Steamie+ on June 11, 2017, 07:39:33 AM
Quote from: RailGooner on June 10, 2017, 08:44:16 PM
:thumbsup: for the helpful soul who just took my order at Papa John's. Total was a few pence shy of £40. Thanks to their persistence, the third time they explained that orders over £40 qualified for a 40% discount, I finally got it and added a 39p dip. ??? Bingo, new total £24! :D

Brilliant  :claphappy: :claphappy:

I could easily have posted to the Unhappy Thread, focusing on my obviously failing faculties. :D I normally pride myself on being a savvy bargain hunter too. :smiley-laughing:

railsquid

Finally got round to "fixing" my bicycle, which has been suffering from bits falling off and general neglect, despite it being an essential transportation device (no car) and general exercise machine. I actually managed to replace the tyres/inner tubes despite being "assisted" by a small toddler ("Daddy, what happens if I put my hand on these greasy cogs?"). I'll have to get the gears professionally seen to though, as it's stuck in the top two of how ever many it has, though that is the lesser of the problems, especially with the new tyres (amazing what a difference they make). Also pleased to find that on my first outing onto the main road for a few months that the city has marked some pseudo cycle lanes. Not really enough space for proper ones but the markings do help make it clear that that bit of the road is a perfectly legitimate place for a cyclist to be. Which is nice.

Ian Bowden

Quote from: railsquid on June 11, 2017, 12:50:42 PM
Finally got round to "fixing" my bicycle, which has been suffering from bits falling off and general neglect, despite it being an essential transportation device (no car) and general exercise machine. I actually managed to replace the tyres/inner tubes despite being "assisted" by a small toddler ("Daddy, what happens if I put my hand on these greasy cogs?"). I'll have to get the gears professionally seen to though, as it's stuck in the top two of how ever many it has, though that is the lesser of the problems, especially with the new tyres (amazing what a difference they make). Also pleased to find that on my first outing onto the main road for a few months that the city has marked some pseudo cycle lanes. Not really enough space for proper ones but the markings do help make it clear that that bit of the road is a perfectly legitimate place for a cyclist to be. Which is nice.
My local authority marks cycle lanes as the first 2 feet from the kerb in some areas. The downside is the grids, potholes and general rubbish pushed to the side by passing cars.

Newportnobby

I actually managed to replace the tyres/inner tubes despite being "assisted" by a small toddler ("Daddy, what happens if I put my hand on these greasy cogs?"). I'll have to get the gears professionally seen to though, as it's stuck in the top two of how ever many it has.
Also pleased to find that on my first outing onto the main road for a few months that the city has marked some pseudo cycle lanes. Not really enough space for proper ones but the markings do help make it clear that that bit of the road is a perfectly legitimate place for a cyclist to be. Which is nice.

The gears can probably be easily fixed by removing however many of Squidlet's fingers are stuck in them.
As for cycle lanes - BEWARE!
They are only there to make it easier for motorists to know where to aim for. I have noticed a disturbing development in Leyland whereby car drivers are putting cyclist stickers on the sides of their cars as fighter pilots did :worried:

javlinfaw7

Our local cycling tracks are treated as a car park by employees of the local hospital

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on June 11, 2017, 03:01:59 PM
I actually managed to replace the tyres/inner tubes despite being "assisted" by a small toddler ("Daddy, what happens if I put my hand on these greasy cogs?"). I'll have to get the gears professionally seen to though, as it's stuck in the top two of how ever many it has.
Also pleased to find that on my first outing onto the main road for a few months that the city has marked some pseudo cycle lanes. Not really enough space for proper ones but the markings do help make it clear that that bit of the road is a perfectly legitimate place for a cyclist to be. Which is nice.

The gears can probably be easily fixed by removing however many of Squidlet's fingers are stuck in them.
They are only there to make it easier for motorists to know where to aim for. I have noticed a disturbing development in Leyland whereby car drivers are putting cyclist stickers on the sides of their cars as fighter pilots did :worried:

That's some seriously good flying by the pilots Mick. Either that or you have flying cyclists up there.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on June 11, 2017, 10:08:51 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on June 11, 2017, 03:01:59 PM

That's some seriously good flying by the pilots Mick.

They are definitely cyclepaths, John :-X

CaleyDave

A lot has change in the past few months but the short of it is I have completed my university Degree and gone straight into employment.

More importantly however as an added Bonus this has seen off a period of Emergency Belt tightening which means I have Money for trains again!  :D

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daveg

That is very good to hear.  :thumbsup:

Many congratulations!

Dave G

Skyline2uk

Excellent news sir!

Skyline2uk

austinbob

Just had confirmation from taxman that me and missus no longer have to complete self assessment tax forms. No response to letter sent but phone call sorted it.
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

We went on line and did the assessment and it said we didn't need to fill in tax returns. A week or so later we had confirmation letters. Another week or so later we had a letter stating our tax returns were due. When I checked the date, it was dated 2 months before the exemption letter. I don't expect it was Royal Mail that delayed it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Properly back online after being without broadband for two weeks.  We survived unsing wifi hotspots, but I can't imagine living that way!  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations