The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poliss

If you have files that you really want to recover and the drive has stopped turning, you could try the freezer method of recovering data. http://www.datarecoverypros.com/hard-drive-recovery-freeze.html
As it's a laptop you will need an external 2.5" enclosure to plug the HD into.

Tank

Thanks Poliss.  Yes, I have a 2.5" caddy, and I can hear/feel the disks spinning, so that website says not to freeze it.  I think I'll have to send it off for recovery, as I've always been successful with using caddies before. 

moogle

Quote from: Bikeracer on June 04, 2011, 05:09:22 PM
What really annoys me is when you buy something from abroad e.g. America and you pay the postage at that end.
When it arrives in the UK the Customs and Excise hold it to check the value and the Post Office then charge another £8.00 to collect and deliver it at this end.

I've ordered quite a few times bits from Japan and China on Ebay and have never been charged! Maybe I was just lucky...  ;D
Model railway stuff doesn't generally attract much attention it seems!  :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

moogle

Quote from: poliss on June 04, 2011, 05:42:01 PM
Always happens when you alter what you've written and then don't proofread properly.  :-\

So, Royal Mail charge £8.00 for filling the import form, but in their Parcelfarce guise they charge £13.50 if the package is sent by the EMS service. Is the form 1,000 extra pages or what???

Its not that the form has 1,000 pages - its because they have to hire staff who can read and write properly!

My Irish layout here

moogle

As far as being ANGRY goes, applying for every job I find and not even getting an interview makes me   >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

There, rant over!  ;D

My Irish layout here

Alex

Hi,

Took delivery of our brand new car last Tuesday and some t**t ran into the side of it today while it was parked in the street.

Am I p***ed or what  >:( >:(

Alex

cudders

Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

findus

Geoff

Geoff

Lawrence

Quote from: findus on June 15, 2011, 11:37:40 PM
WEDDING PLANS  >:(

Best either left to the womenfolk or not bothered with all together  >:(

Newportnobby

Incessant reminders of updates for your computer that you ignore for as long as possible before they drive you mad, then click "OK to download", find the update takes 3 days to download + restart your computer. GRRRRRRR
TV adverts that shout at you. They know who they are - double glazing, flooring, outdoor clothing/tents etc. Where's the mute button.....................

findus

Quote from: newportnobby on June 17, 2011, 08:06:23 PM
Incessant reminders of updates for your computer that you ignore for as long as possible before they drive you mad, then click "OK to download", find the update takes 3 days to download + restart your computer. GRRRRRRR

This drives me mad! at home on the wifi no updates! as soon as i go out on a work trip and connect the iphone, every update possible wants to drain my data usage  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jonclox

he heeeeeeeeee  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:, heheeeeeeeeee :smiley-laughing:

(sowwie  :smiley-laughing: :wave:)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

findus

Quote from: jonclox on June 17, 2011, 08:51:32 PM
he heeeeeeeeee  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:, heheeeeeeeeee :smiley-laughing:

(sowwie  :smiley-laughing: :wave:)

tHANKS.............   :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:   

Day spent looking at wedding shoes! to top it off we went past 2 model shops and was not allowed in  >:(   

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations