Block paving anybody?

Started by TrevL, October 18, 2018, 03:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Earlier in the year I had block paving fitted to the back garden. I thought it  looked lovely and was easy to keep clean with having dogs.  However, since we've had all this rain recently, nearly all the joints have got black mould/moss growing there, so it doesn't look quite so nice anymore.  I could jet-wash it, but I'm concerned the the power of the water jet will just wash away all the sand in the joints.  I was going to buy some resolver moss killer, but reading the dispenser, it was recommened not to use it between October and April, so a no-go there.
So folks, any suggestions?  TIA.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

MalcolmInN

Dont know about block paving but -  I have a concrete path and limestone rock steps which all get a bit slippery with green/brown algae and other growths.
A weak solution of household bleach sorts it.

Newportnobby

My Mum uses one of these. It's labour intensive but does the job. Note - for pic only as I dare say you can find it cheaper ................

https://www.bents.co.uk/block-paving-brush-gtogen0021?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5timwKWQ3gIVhjxpCh1nkgOfEAQYAyABEgLd1_D_BwE

guest311

seen the same sort of thing at our local Tesco, and IIRC, much cheaper.

rhysapthomas

Hi

You will always get weeds moss growing in the block paving.  Weedkiller will help or there are wire brushes on a broom stick which do a good job of cleaning off weeds and moss but eventually you will need to jet wash to clean the surface.  It will blow out the sand but get a bag of kiln dried sand from Wicks/B&Q and after the paving has dried brush this back into all the cracks..  Watch out for the ants they will dig out the sand under the blocks and cause sinking!

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on October 18, 2018, 04:26:09 PM
seen the same sort of thing at our local Tesco, and IIRC, much cheaper.

at our local one £5.00

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations