A Little Beauty...

Started by Steamie+, February 26, 2017, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Seen this in Ormskirk...

Wish i could have one, it is a little Lancashire Heeler puppy that was 8 months old, they only grow to 13" Male and 11" Female at the shoulders. We used to have one when i was about 7 years old, lovely dogs with a great temperament to kids, but let them have to much personally and they can be nippers, after all they were used to herd cattle and they used to nip the cattle's back legs.

Steamie+

Delboy

Looks lovely and I had heard they make great family pets.
My dog (Chesapeake Bay Retriever) has been very unwell in the night and has just cost me over £100 in emergency vets bills. Still they are worth ever penny for the love and enjoyment they give you. Can't help but think i could have bought a new DCC ready loco with that though.

LOL
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Bob Tidbury

A house is not a home without a dog ,our Mitzy is a lovely little dog shes a cross between a Tibetian Terrier and a Westie shes what I call a lttle yappie dog but we love her to bits Our previous dog Buster was 8 years old and he got the dog equivalent to Dementure and was looseing the use of his back legs he then started snaping at us then he unfortunatly bit my little grandson on the arm so we really had no choice but to have him put to sleep we couldnt take the risk.
It broke my heart and I was upsett for months I still miss him now and often call Mitzy Buster without thinking .
I hope your dog makes a full recovery Dellboy and it continues to love you for years to come.
Bob Tidbury

Sprintex

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 26, 2017, 01:32:14 PM
A house is not a home without a dog ,

Oh I can assure you it IS a home, and one that smells better and isn't full of hairs everywhere either ;)

Paul

Bob Tidbury

Yes Paul but Mitzy takes up.less room than all those little ponies.Ha Ha Ha.
Bob

bridgiesimon

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 26, 2017, 08:12:13 PM
Yes Paul but Mitzy takes up.less room than all those little ponies.Ha Ha Ha.
Bob

hehehe, you walked into that one Sprintex! it is neigh fun is it or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Simon

Steamie+

Quote from: Delboy on February 26, 2017, 10:51:47 AM
Looks lovely and I had heard they make great family pets.
My dog (Chesapeake Bay Retriever) has been very unwell in the night and has just cost me over £100 in emergency vets bills. Still they are worth ever penny for the love and enjoyment they give you. Can't help but think i could have bought a new DCC ready loco with that though.

LOL

They do make great family pets Delboy and he is a very fine looking dog, hope yours gets better.

A house is not a home without a dog ,our Mitzy is a lovely little dog shes a cross between a Tibetian Terrier and a Westie shes what I call a lttle yappie dog but we love her to bits Our previous dog Buster was 8 years old and he got the dog equivalent to Dementure and was looseing the use of his back legs he then started snaping at us then he unfortunatly bit my little grandson on the arm so we really had no choice but to have him put to sleep we couldnt take the risk.
It broke my heart and I was upsett for months I still miss him now and often call Mitzy Buster without thinking .
I hope your dog makes a full recovery Dellboy and it continues to love you for years to come.
Bob Tidbury

It is heart breaking Bob, but you did the right thing, no dog is worth keeping if it has bitten anyone no matter if it is a young child or adult, they think (the dog that is) that it's ok and start to dominate the pack ( Household ) then.

Quote from: Sprintex on February 26, 2017, 05:38:18 PM
A house is not a home without a dog ,

Oh I can assure you it IS a home, and one that smells better and isn't full of hairs everywhere either ;)

Paul

Well Paul Lancashire Heelers don't molt much and any dog will smell if they are not groomed properly, by that i mean brushed every day. But i do agree with you i have been in some house's and the smell is so overpowering it makes me wretch and what to be sick.

Quote from: escafeld on February 26, 2017, 11:46:10 PM
But those little ponies don't  :poop: everywhere like dogs seem to especially on footpaths that dog owners seem to think are exclusively for there dogs to :poop: on

p.s. you might have guessed that I don't like dogs

Well escafeld i do agree with you about irresponsible owners who don't pick up their dogs muck, but most streets are now cleaner then they used to be years ago and where i live even if they go on to the playing field they pick their dogs muck up.

And i find cats are worse then dogs for leaving their mess especially around our gardens they will do it on the lawns and borders and don't bury the muck on the borders and the lawns can get really dirty with them. I don't have any problem with any pets so long has they are clean.

I am not able to have any pets i.e. Dogs because of Anne's COPD and her health is far more important to me.      :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

I just put the photo up of the Heeler because i think he is a little beauty thats all... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Delboy

Thanks for your kind concerns.
Good news,
My Chessie "Dolly" (before you ask the grand-daughters named her) is on the mend. She is smelling as bad as ever and moulting profusely.
But joking aside, I accept that not everyone likes dogs (it would be a poorer world if we were all the same) but around parts of North Wales, some people have purposely been laying poison causing some dogs to died. That level of hate I cannot understand. If they realised the suffering to the dying dogs and the owners I am sure they would not do it.
I suppose until you have a dog, or any other pet for that matter, you cannot comprehend how close you get to them emotionally over the years.
Ah well, RANT over. Back to my tweaking of my layout design.
Delboy.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Bob Tidbury

Glad that Dolly is on the mend ,at least if we have been out for the day when we get  home we get kisses and a waging tail Paul and Clares ponies dont even do that.and they dont snuggle up to you if your feeling poorly like a  dog does .
Sorry Paul and Clare ,Ponies or Dog,  its a dog every time for me .
Im probably going to be kicked of the Forum now for upsetting a Moderator
But it was good while it lasted.only joking .Paul
HA Ha Ha.
Bob

Jimbo

Well escafeld i do agree with you about irresponsible owners who don't pick up their dogs muck, but most streets are now cleaner then they used to be years ago and where i live even if they go on to the playing field they pick their dogs muck up.

I wondered why I never see dried doggy  :poop: any more! You used to be able to just kick it off the pavement  ;)
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Sprintex

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 27, 2017, 04:32:41 PM
Im probably going to be kicked of the Forum now for upsetting a Moderator

:ban:

:laugh:

All in good fun Bob ;)

Personally I find dogs too noisy, too demanding, and too clingy. Cats are more independent and mostly quiet, but can still give as much love as a dog, our two certainly did, so that suits me :) Each to their own though and I wouldn't wish harm on any pet.

Paul

Steamie+

I agree with all the above comments, no pet should even be treated badly what ever they are, they do have feeling has well, or is it only humans the can feel hurt...

Jimbo

Certainly a beautiful dog Steamie! We don't own one but we have got one cat left out of two, any pet is a privilege to have in your life but a dog is a huge commitment and they give you unconditional love and loyalty in return, it just wouldn't be fair on the little one as we both work at the moment and I'd hate to think of him/her at home on their own, where as with a cat they just come and go as they please and seem to be quite happy with their own company sometimes, our one will only accept affection when she wants it bless her!
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Steamie+

Quote from: Jimbo on February 28, 2017, 08:22:48 AM
Certainly a beautiful dog Steamie! We don't own one but we have got one cat left out of two, any pet is a privilege to have in your life but a dog is a huge commitment and they give you unconditional love and loyalty in return, it just wouldn't be fair on the little one as we both work at the moment and I'd hate to think of him/her at home on their own, where as with a cat they just come and go as they please and seem to be quite happy with their own company sometimes, our one will only accept affection when she wants it bless her!

I agree with you Jim, any pet is a big commitment and you are right a dog needs more attention then most, and alas there is no way we could have a dog or any pet really because of Anne's COPD.

I just posted the photo because i do love dogs, especially the Lancashire Heeler.     :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations