The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Cheers mate.  I can't even bring myself to look!   :'(  If I see a squirrel though, it better run...... :evil:

Bikeracer

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 18, 2011, 07:22:39 PM

I'm merely mildly grumpy. Yesterday I turned on the TV to observe a man painted blue and in a smurf hat proceed to demonstrate on TV he can tell 450 odd smurf collectables by their silhouette.  That in itself was mildly alarming - discovering there are worse things than bus nuts, but on the BBC - they spent our taxes painting a nutter blue and letting him make an exhibiton of himself ?????

Alan

IMHO the BBC license fee should be on a percentage system.

If they're going to show for example 15% of broadcasts as repeats,the license fee should be 15% less.

Also they should rename the sports part of the news "Football Managers Chat" because I'm sick of seeing and hearing football managers having a daily inquest on their teams poor performance.
In fact,sports news seems to be mainly about football anyway.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

longbridge

Quote from: Tank on September 18, 2011, 05:27:46 PM
A week ago I put my layout by the window in the loft whilst I put the brackets up for the new layout.  Today I went in the loft to have a look, and the layout is on the floor.   >:( >:( >:(  Half of my army vehicles are damaged, and some other rolling stock. :'( :'( :'(  Also, smashed the AWS boxes off and some ballasting on the edge of the layout. :thumbsdown:  I suspect the squirrels snuck in through the open window. :computerangry:

Sorry to hear the little critters have been having fun on your layout Chris :thumbsdown:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

elmo

AND ANOTHER THING - why do the television licence people keep harassing me and threatening court action. Which bit of "I have not got a TV" dont they understand????????

longbridge

Here in Oz we have critters that eat your model railway, number one is the Gheko Lizards that have been eating my trees, number two is the Cockroaches that eat any card kits, I think its the glue they enjoy.

The Gheko's are worst because they poo on your tracks and look like Godzilla as they tramp around the layout, this is because the layout is in an outside shed.

I do lay Cockroach baits to kill the roaches but the lizards live above the ceiling as I can hear then scurrying around while working on the layout, to hard to catch and kill.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

poliss

You have a computer with a broadband connection? If so you need a tv licence.

findus

Quote from: elmo on September 18, 2011, 08:51:17 PM
AND ANOTHER THING - why do the television licence people keep harassing me and threatening court action. Which bit of "I have not got a TV" dont they understand????????

see this link!!

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check/viewtopiccontent.aspx?id=TOP12&iqdocumentid=TOP12&WT.mc_id=r001

findus

Quote from: poliss on September 18, 2011, 08:58:16 PM
You have a computer with a broadband connection? If so you need a tv licence.

not true! only if your watching a live broadcast! if you watch anything after its been broadcast your ok! see my link

elmo

The bit that gets right up my nose is that the letters were addressed to me. I tell them (again) that I have no TV and they send the letters addressed to 'the current occupier'. Tell them yet again and the same letters are sent 'to the legal occupier'. Roll on the threatened court summons, go on TV make my day.
Elmo

poliss

TV Licensing's policy process for dealing with No Licence Needed claims is
outlined at Appendix 3.
Appendix 3. The BBC considers the information in the policy appendices to be confidential.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: elmo on September 18, 2011, 09:07:27 PM
The bit that gets right up my nose is that the letters were addressed to me. I tell them (again) that I have no TV and they send the letters addressed to 'the current occupier'. Tell them yet again and the same letters are sent 'to the legal occupier'. Roll on the threatened court summons, go on TV make my day.
Elmo
Elmo i don't have a TV either......tv is  :sleep:  :sleep:....I had the same problem that you have.... getting threatening letters all the while....what you need to do is put it in writing that you have no tv that you have no intention of getting a tv and that you are quite prepared for an inspector to visit you to confirm you do not have a tv.They will contact you to confirm they have received your notification and that an inspector will call at some point..(though knowone ever came to see me.They will then contact you after 2 years to confirm the information they have is still correct.I haven't had a tv or bought a tv licence in 7 years...and never will again.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bikeracer on September 18, 2011, 08:39:21 PM
Also they should rename the sports part of the news "Football Managers Chat" because I'm sick of seeing and hearing football managers having a daily inquest on their teams poor performance.
In fact,sports news seems to be mainly about football anyway.

Allan

Move to Wales then, then its mostly about Rugby and we actually get a lot of the matches on free to air TV. My Dad was quite put out at the lack of football coverage. Surprised me as he's a West Brom fan so I would have thought the less coverage the better ;)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

poliss

I get the Welsh rugby on freeview but no commentary, just those two yakking in the alternative audio stream!  >:(

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on September 18, 2011, 08:57:12 PM
Here in Oz we have critters that eat your model railway, number one is the Gheko Lizards that have been eating my trees, number two is the Cockroaches that eat any card kits, I think its the glue they enjoy.
The Gheko's are worst because they poo on your tracks and look like Godzilla as they tramp around the layout, this is because the layout is in an outside shed.
I do lay Cockroach baits to kill the roaches but the lizards live above the ceiling as I can hear then scurrying around while working on the layout, to hard to catch and kill.

Shame you can't train the Geckos to eat Cockroaches, but then again roaches are almost indestructible. I'll probably have nightmares now about roaches on glue :o

Sithlord75

Quote from: oldrailbug on September 18, 2011, 08:57:12 PM

I have a cat which is pretty handy on the gheckos - just a bit worse on the layout  :evil:
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations