Dapol mk.3 box set SCR

Started by guest311, April 17, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Just received two boxed sets of the Dapol mk.3 carriages in blue / grey with Scotrail reporting numbers, but they have 'Intercity' branding.

is this correct, or should they have Scotrail branding, or is it a case of 'up till xxxx they had Intercity, then changed to Scotrail ?

over to the knowledgeable amongst you.

these sets have 1 x FO + 3 x SO, whereas the C&M ScotRail setc have 1 x CO + 3 x SO. should the blue / grey sets be FO, or CO ?

thanks in advance for any info,

cheers

alan

StufromEGDL

Hi Alan,

Intercity is correct for Blue/Grey < I have never seen a Mk3 with ScotRail logo in this livery)...and I believe the CO conversions were only completed after the fleet was re-liveried to ScotRail blue stripe livery...so the sets you have are correct in their make up.

Hope this helps.....
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

guest311

Hi Stu,

many thanks for that. looks like just a renumber on one set then.

also got the C&M Scotrail set, all I've got to do is wait for the 47/7 and DBSO  >:(

cheers

Alan

scruff

Hi Alan
Sounds like you got yourself two sets of Dapol CM002. These were the Blue/Grey livery sets that C & M decided against doing due to low preorders. Stu is right about the CO being introduced after the fleet was repainted.
I have found some photo's of DBSO sc9706 in Blue/Grey with the legend "Inter-City Scotrail". I believe I have seen a photo of the Mk3's with the matching legend. Just can't remember where at the moment! Sorry!
Dapol have applied the lettering too low on these coaches and the coach numbers also seem too big, so it might be an idea to re-do all the lettering and numbers on both sets you have.
The Blue/Grey sets were marshalled with the FO next to the DBSO usually.
Hope that lot helps a bit!
Cheers
Mark

Edit- add link to photo
https://www.flickr.com/photos/44232489@N02/7772033030/

MJKERR

As above, a small number of Mark 3 coaches in Blue/Grey carried the additional "Scotrail" logo
However, at the same time the repainting into ScotRail livery had commenced

Equally, Mark 2 coaches also had this same logo applied
Later this process was changed to cover the Inter-City logo with a revised "ScotRail" logo, and this was more common on Mark 1 coaches and the remaining Blue / Grey coaches

guest311

Hi Mark and mjkerr,

many thanks for that, looks like T-cut and Railtec  :)

cheers

Alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations