The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Bowden

My postman is very good he leaves parcels next door to avoid  me having to collect them. Slight problem is he does that even if I am at home

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on September 14, 2017, 10:30:04 AM
:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

At least your letterboxes are in the front door.... I have to walk up the driveway!

Sorry, George. I forgot about your 2 mile tree lined drive to Chez Bealman ;)

Quote from: Ian Bowden on September 14, 2017, 11:56:33 AM
My postman is very good he leaves parcels next door to avoid  me having to collect them. Slight problem is he does that even if I am at home

:laughabovepost:
Play your music louder, Ian.

The Q

The Postie is not a problem He knows to walk round the back of the fence and put boxes into the back of our post cupboard. The couriers are another thing, often not even bothering to knock on the door, but just sticking a card in the door frame a which says sorry you are not in, collect in Norwich(25 miles way). I've seen them arrive and do that so they had the card pre written out.....

I'm currently building a new front wall alongside our driveway which will have an externally accessed cupboard which locks when pushed to for them to deliver parcels into..

We have no letter box in the front door  because we face the North Sea....

scottmitchell74

I've got a "dead-in-the-water" Broadway Limited $180.00 item. Brand new, first attempt on track...nothing.

Everything else I own runs just fine on the track. Merchant won't issue a shipping label. I must spend $10.00 to send it back. The end result? $20...to just look at the thing!

Furious!!!!!!  :veryangry:
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

daveg

Disappointing and not good customer relations!

Bet you won't be giving that guy any more business.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Maybe said merchant ought to be reminded it takes years to build a good reputation and 5 minutes to lose it. ::)

BoxTunnel

Quote from: newportnobby on September 19, 2017, 10:11:07 AM
Maybe said merchant ought to be reminded it takes years to build a good reputation and 5 minutes to lose it. ::)

Exactly.  I spent four years assembling Honda cars in their Swindon plant.  Every day we were reminded that it has taken us decades to build our reputation but we could lose it overnight.  When Mercedes were having QC problems ten years ago we had them touring our plant to see how it should be done!

Us Brits don't complain too much, we just don't go back, hence Wickes will never get another penny from me due to an ignorant youth on the other end of the 'phone.

Graham, living for the vendetta.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

BoxTunnel

Human Resources.  A cesspool of idiots that have absolutely no idea how to do anything but think they know better than you.

I have a meeting with one such idiot on Monday and unless we decide that actually I AM right, I will be handing in my notice.  Already got a job lined up just in case!

:censored:

Graham, may have a little more time for the layout soon!

"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

Newportnobby

I have to admit to sharing your thoughts on HR types, especially the way my redundancy was handled ::)

Bealman

Doesn't matter if you are in the UK or the antipodes, Mick.

It's the same here.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

I take pride in my car and am getting sick and tired of parking in supermarket car parks only to return to it and find another small nick of paint gone. I do my best not to park next to Chelsea tractors or 3 door cars, and do try to park next to cars that also look as if they've been cared for but obviously some people are either downright clumsy or just don't give a damn. :veryangry:
I guess I'll have to see how much 'Chip away' will nobble me as I don't want anything rusting.

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on September 29, 2017, 03:53:02 PM
I take pride in my car and am getting sick and tired of parking in supermarket car parks only to return to it and find another small nick of paint gone. I do my best not to park next to Chelsea tractors or 3 door cars, and do try to park next to cars that also look as if they've been cared for but obviously some people are either downright clumsy or just don't give a damn. :veryangry:
I guess I'll have to see how much 'Chip away' will nobble me as I don't want anything rusting.
Yes its infuriating. I think the main problem is that cars are getting bigger whilst the car park slots are the same width they've been for years. Makes it much more likely you're gonna get a car park ding.
No excuse for being careless I know, but small blemishes and scratches and almost inevitable these days.
Perhaps they should sell new cars with an assortment of minor scratches already on them. Nobody would bother then.  :no: :no: :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

My bro in law got an almost new car just recently. Chuffed to bits he was with his new toy.

He stayed a happy bunny until the other morning when he found that someone overnight had 'keyed' one side of the entire length of the car.

Carpark dings are thoughtless and infuriating but that is senseless vandalism.

Cost to fix: £1050.

Dave G

Dave G

Bob Tidbury

Now theres a missed opportunity for an entrepreneur to go to.Dragons Den  with.
Start up a company Professional.Car Scratching  and Door Nicks done without care .Bring your car to.us and we will.put dents and scratches on then apply Lacquer to stop them rusting..
Sorry I just had to say that.
But it is annoying Val had her car  damaged in the hospital.carpark while she was at work ,after getting it repaired she went to work ,came out and yes youve guessed there was a scratch on.the nice new paintwork .Now that  shes retired and cant afford to get it fixed so shes completly lost interest in the car .
So I can imagine how angry you must be.
Bob Tidbury

Bikeracer

Skoda Kodiaq has a new idea to stop doors causing damage, when the door opens a rubber protector comes out to protect the edge of the door and stop it causing damage.

Of course this doesn't stop other cars causing you damage, but if other manufacturers followed suite it would help to keep paint damage down.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations