DJM Announcement - Crowdfunding King Class

Started by guest2, March 13, 2017, 03:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamB

One of the questions I would ask (No, I'm not weakening for a King) is what it's restrictions will be regarding minimum radius curves.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

DJM Dave

I would hope that with 2 bogies the restrictions will match current Graham Farish steam locomotive models.

However, everything is a compromise, and a tighter radius will involve putting on the 'altered' bogie to allow for enough swing on tighter track.
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

DJM Dave

Hi mate,

It's an interesting proposition but I'm hoping to see the 23 before years end, and income from the j94's AND the 17's should go a long way to tooling this loco.
Ideally I'd like the 2 loco's out this year, but I'm ok with the 23 being first quarter 18 if it needs to.

Besides, too many people ( obviously not the majority, but the glass half empty type) think that crowdfunding so many is wrong and possibly 'iffy' so why give them ammunition.
Mind you if they want to sell their house and try and do better?

Cheers
Dave

Les1952

I'm tempted, even as a North Eastern Region modeller.

Clun Castle ran through to Newcastle in the late sixties, so why not a King? 

However I also need a Schools to go with a 2P I've kept back from an earlier project.  30925 reached Darlington on a special pushing a 2P which apparently was as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

It will depend on how healthy my bank balance is after Easter.  Two more OO gauge J94s arriving, then several Mermaids and B Tankers.

Les

johnlambert

I've signed up for two of these; British Railways blue with early crest and British Railways green with late crest.  Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.

DJM Dave

Hi John,

I would appeal for every N gauge modeller to spread the word to clubs and friends to help push this through.

It could be, rather like the OO one, a gauge defining locomotive, and i'd love to see one on a layout like Vale Of Oxbury at the head of 10+ bogies speeding through the station.

Cheers
Dave

johnlambert

Following progress on RM Web it seems there's been strong take-up of the King, which is very encouraging.

Karhedron

Quote from: johnlambert on March 21, 2017, 10:47:25 PM
Following progress on RM Web it seems there's been strong take-up of the King, which is very encouraging.

Yes indeed. I have my name down for one and I might stretch to a second if it looks borderline. I can't really afford 2 but if the payments are staggered then the pain to the wallet will be spread out a bit.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

johnlambert

Quote from: Karhedron on March 21, 2017, 11:13:54 PM

Yes indeed. I have my name down for one and I might stretch to a second if it looks borderline. I can't really afford 2 but if the payments are staggered then the pain to the wallet will be spread out a bit.

That's my plan too.  I'd like three or four really (everything bar the shirt button livery) but even with the staggered payments it'd be too much for me. Knowing what the payments will be certainly gave me the confidence to order two instead of one.

Hopefully the project will lead to further variants in time (even if at a higher price). I'm not bothered about having a particular King in a particular livery, so I don't think I'll miss out forever on a G-crest-W or BR early crest version.

Chetcombe

With the demise of the Dapol BOB/West Country, I'm in! Off to sign up now...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

carlwooduk

Order placed for a late crest loco to run on Vale of Oxbury; It will finally replace my Foxhunter kit based King based on that aged Farish Castle chassis ; it still looks good being  built  and painted by Mr Jones way back in his Nsprays days.

johnlambert

Quote from: DJM Dave on March 18, 2017, 03:24:11 PM
Hi John,

I would appeal for every N gauge modeller to spread the word to clubs and friends to help push this through.

It could be, rather like the OO one, a gauge defining locomotive, and i'd love to see one on a layout like Vale Of Oxbury at the head of 10+ bogies speeding through the station.

Cheers
Dave

I was in my local model shop at the weekend to pre-order a Graham Farish Castle and mentioned this project. Hopefully the shop owner will mention it to any GWR or BR Western Region modellers.

trkilliman

I have made an expression of interest for a blue King. I'm assuming this is in the condition it ran in B.R. days?

The more I think about a King loco, the more I am tempted to additionally go for a green early crest.

Do we get an acknowledgment of our expression/s of interest, so we know we are counted in?

I wait with bated breath to hear how much expression of interest has been generated!

Karhedron

In one of DJM's other threads, a few people mentioned that they had not received confirmation emails (including me). You can always contact him by email to check that your order has been received. The automated confirmations may not be 100% reliable but in my experience Dave is usually very good at replying to emails.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

johnlambert

I PM'ed Dave on RM Web as I didn't get an email confirmation and he replied very quickly to confirm that my order was on the system.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations