Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: newportnobby on January 30, 2018, 12:17:27 PM
at a cost of just £25 (I didn't have a fiver so gave him £30).

Does that mean Mick that if you had a fiver, you would have given the lad £35?  ;D

(Just trying to cheer myself up, will be putting a post in 'Unhappy' thread shortly).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

mickeyflinn

Well, after 26 years, 2 months and 18 days working for a certain American multi-national consumer goods company making a very well known baby and toddler consumable product ( :poop: ), today is my first day of official retirement :claphappy:.

Jimbo

'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

dannyboy

Enjoy it mickey, while it lasts. You may have retired from paid employment, but ........... ! :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Enjoy....I've been retired 3 months and 4 days and loving every moment of it.
Best bit for me......not having to rush in the morning.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daffy

Time to pamper yourself mickey. :)

May a suggest a few trains, then some more trains, and perhaps... er.... some extra trains?

Best of luck and happiness in retirement - it's wonderful. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Quote from: daffy on February 05, 2018, 06:10:38 PM
Time to pamper yourself mickey. :)

May a suggest a few trains, then some more trains, and perhaps... er.... some extra trains?

Best of luck and happiness in retirement - it's wonderful. :thumbsup:
Oh... And don't forget the trains and the odd drop of IPA for lubrication.   ;)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Bob Tidbury

Congratulations on  joining the O A P s club , my wife keeps me busy making her cups of tea ,hoovering ,dusting the shelves that I can reach and uncovering the guinea pigs in the morning ,not that I mind as its too cold to go down the shed any way and we cant afford a new gas bottle for the Super Ser gas fire ,and to be fair she does keep.me fed .
Bob Tidbury

daveg

mickeyflinn

Quote from: port perran on February 05, 2018, 05:09:21 PM
...... Best bit for me......not having to rush in the morning.

Best bit is no more working nights with Manchester's rush hour traffic both ways.

Quote from: daffy on February 05, 2018, 06:10:38 PM
...... May a suggest a few trains, then some more trains, and perhaps... er.... some extra trains?

SWMBO has given permission for me to build a railway in the spare bedroom  :claphappy: - don't have to build it in the cold garage!!!

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 05, 2018, 07:00:38 PM
Congratulations on  joining the O A P s club .....

Sorry, but I've only just hit 55, so I've got a few more years before then.

Newportnobby

Quote from: mickeyflinn on February 05, 2018, 03:43:22 PM
making a very well known baby and toddler consumable product ( :poop: ), today is my first day of official retirement :claphappy:.

You must be very nappyhappy, Mickey. I retired aged 60 and it was the best thing I ever did. I'm now only a few months away from a bus pass and state pension :D

Train Waiting

Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy retirement.

I'm just back from a business trip and thinking that retiring might be very nice.

Still, it gave the ballast time to dry!

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Mito

I don't think we retire. Just enter our second childhood.  :claphappy:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

austinbob

Quote from: Mito on February 05, 2018, 08:50:46 PM
Don't think I've left my 1st childhood yet!!!. When I retired it just meant I should have more time to play. Not sure it worked out that way though. Always seems there's something needs doing.    :no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mito on February 05, 2018, 08:50:46 PM

Getting old is inevitable. Maturity is optional :laugh3:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30%