Bachmann Farish 2017 Price Increases

Started by Bob G, January 11, 2017, 04:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 20, 2017, 05:51:32 PM
Quote from: exmouthcraig on January 20, 2017, 04:47:53 PM
Been reading this over the last few days and yes there is NO getting away from price increases but are we all to blame?

Craving more and more detail on everything has pushed us away from 'crude kits' which can be adapted to be made perfectly acceptable from a distance. I was under the impression modelling was personal opinion. Plenty of things we are happy with as long as no one else sees them. It's all a brilliant dream to have everything perfect but is that likely??

The consolation we take from the increases is that the production or delivery of new models has all but come to a dribble so instead of being able to buy 20 items a year we buy the 4 or 5 that get delivered and wait and wait and wait for the rest to come off the list so spreading the cost over 10 years instead of 12 months

Politics is a banned subject - see Code of Conduct

I do love it when the entire script of a contributor is moderated out, apart from the quote. Feels like a good debate to me  :greatwork:
Bob

Snowwolflair

Quote from: newportnobby on January 20, 2017, 08:21:37 PM
That'll teach Snowwolflair to be serious on this forum :laugh:

Actually I was being very sarcastic, but that's obviously not allowed either  :D

Possibly the moderator thought I was saying something they thought could happen. :goggleeyes:

Snowwolflair

Now you are all wondering what I said. :)

exmouthcraig

My comment wasn't even suggesting anything horrific it is a proven point that will affect us all in EVERY part of our lives not just modelling and it gets removed yet there's plenty of threads whinging about councils attitudes to bins in public places and one massive one tonight about a certain president that are allowed to run. EVERY single post I had made even a joking line about a subject gets removed by one moderator and that could be perceived by myself as a personal attempt to block me from putting anything on here.

The unfortunate thing is that EVERY part of our lives is as a result of political decisions, some not even made by us and as a consequence it appears in many conversations.

That is our life in a democracy instead of a dictatorship 

NeMo

Quote from: exmouthcraig on January 20, 2017, 10:10:50 PM
My comment wasn't even suggesting anything horrific it is a proven point that will affect us all in EVERY part of our lives not just modelling and it gets removed yet there's plenty of threads whinging about councils attitudes to bins in public places and one massive one tonight about a certain president that are allowed to run.
Indeed, but one man's lunatic is another man's political icon. So the easiest approach here is for the moderators to simply exclude politics across the board. Sometimes there's an inconsistency, to be sure, but whenever I've come across that I've rolled my eyes and moved on. There's certainly no obvious political bias, and that's a good thing.

Quote from: exmouthcraig on January 20, 2017, 10:10:50 PM
EVERY single post I had made even a joking line about a subject gets removed by one moderator and that could be perceived by myself as a personal attempt to block me from putting anything on here.
I'd suggest not taking it as a personal anything if I were you! Being a moderator on a public forum is a thankless task, and very difficult to get right all the time. I doubt anyone would seriously want to clamp down on any one person's beliefs on a forum about toy trains!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

PaulCheffus

Hi

You all agreed to the terms of the forum when you joined so why are you now complaining when your posts that do not comply with those terms are removed?

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

DELETED

Much as I like this forum and pay to keep it going I have always said if it was that good I think Farish and Dapol would have a noted presence so I don't think it's that serious at the end of the day.  Crowdfunding guys keep going -the rest of us will argue and keep going round forever on the rest of it I think :goggleeyes: 

Bob G

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 20, 2017, 09:53:49 PM
Now you are all wondering what I said. :)

I missed the original quote. Now I feel like I should have gone to Woodstock rather than Knebworth to get the real vibe from the event.

Bob (Dylan)

Snowwolflair

Quote from: RST on January 20, 2017, 11:07:28 PM
Much as I like this forum and pay to keep it going I have always said if it was that good I think Farish and Dapol would have a noted presence so I don't think it's that serious at the end of the day.  Crowdfunding guys keep going -the rest of us will argue and keep going round forever on the rest of it I think :goggleeyes:

I'm sure they are here, and frankly would you admit to working for Dapol or Farish on this forum. :no:

NinOz

Quote from: PaulCheffus on January 20, 2017, 10:22:35 PM
Hi

You all agreed to the terms of the forum when you joined so why are you now complaining when your posts that do not comply with those terms are removed?

Cheers

Paul
Perhaps threads about price increases should be added to banned list as they mostly seem to give rise to endless repetitions of speculation about Bachmann and Dapol business plans and finances from armchair experts and portents by crystal-ball gazers.

Reminds me of the poem "Said Hanrahan"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Said_Hanrahan

"It's dry, all right," said young O'Neil,
    With which astute remark
    He squatted down upon his heel
    And chewed a piece of bark.

And so around the chorus ran
    "It's keepin' dry, no doubt."
    "We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,
    "Before the year is out.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Newportnobby

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 20, 2017, 09:53:01 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 20, 2017, 08:21:37 PM
That'll teach Snowwolflair to be serious on this forum :laugh:

Actually I was being very sarcastic, but that's obviously not allowed either  :D

Possibly the moderator thought I was saying something they thought could happen. :goggleeyes:

I was with you and was being 'ironic'

Rabbitaway

Hi

We seem to agree that prices are high for whatever reason

With a bit of thought and looking at special offers and other manufacturers apart from GF economic modeling can still be done with some compromises

Peco Wagons are cheap from some retailers and the kits even cheaper and not difficult for the novice to build and can be interesting different by using the likes of Robbies Rolling Stock transfers

Some Dapol Wagons and coaches are still sensible prices

Certain models are poor sellers and are heavily discounted although these are reducing in number

Sales at shows where particularly Dapol sell at significant discount some of their slower selling stock

This is my approach to keep costs down

JayM481

I think prices are great. A year ago £100 was $200 Canadian dollars. Now it's $165!  :D :P

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations