Slow?

Started by Jimbo, January 24, 2017, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

10.27 and it's taking ages to load pages. I'm surprised it hasn't timed out.

Malc

It was a long post in the jokes section. I clicked on the post button and it dropped out. No problems the second time. However, I've learnt to copy the post before hitting the button.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

You could try only posting short jokes Malc. :D

I have the drop-out problem with long posts and also take to copying before I hit the post button to save rewriting.

Seems relatively okay this morning, but occasional oddities still happening, such as drop-outs, cannot find server, me making a cup of tea........
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

njee20

Yep, I've had it very slow to load pages a couple of times this morning. No other sites impacted.

red_death

Slow here as well.

Cheers, Mike

Newportnobby

Still slower than a snail that has eaten a heavy lunch

Yet_Another

Quote from: Only Me on February 20, 2017, 12:36:33 PM
It must be the server then as i cant see anythng wrong with the db at all... its also running fine here
Certainly I've seen the page load, and say it took 5 seconds to create, and while I was looking at that, it was still loading the pictures. No problem with my bandwidth, as other websites are working fine, so it looks like some sort of throttling issue at the server end of things.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on February 20, 2017, 02:04:21 PM
Nobby I think you need to buy a new laptop

Like that's going to happen for one awkward website :no:

keithfre

I think we all need to accept that interweb sites are sometimes slow, and with so many gubbins in between us and the site server it's difficult to know where the problem is.

It sometimes helps to Repair Connection ( Start | Settings | Network Connections | Local Area Connection on XP).

daveg

Got this message twice today while attempting to post:

The www.ngaugeforum.co.uk page isn't working

www.ngaugeforum.co.uk didn't send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Hitting the back button takes me back to the unsent post.

Dave G

daffy

You're dead right Keith :thumbsup:

I must admit that when I post here to say I am having viewing/posting issues it is only to let Admin know. I am never :no: annoyed by it or indeed bothered.

After all, I can sit here in my armchair and communicate with, view, or buy from the great wide world with a simplicity that my parents would never have considered possible.

I'm just thankful I can. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Yet_Another

Ditto. I only provide the info for diagnostic purposes, not to complain.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

daveg

Quote from: Yet_Another on February 20, 2017, 03:36:14 PM
Ditto. I only provide the info for diagnostic purposes, not to complain.

Likewise!  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Jimbo

Ditto 2!... ;)......very slow @ 15.55hrs..... :thumbsup:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

njee20

Yep, purely for info of those that deal with this. I go elsewhere and come back, or hit refresh. Doesn't bother me. Just got two time outs on pages.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations