Email notifications have dried up

Started by Karhedron, November 18, 2016, 04:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karhedron

Hello. I seem to have stopped receiving email notifications today.

I haven't changed my account settings and according to those, I should still receive notifications when someone updates a topic I have posted to. Last one I received was yesterday.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

daffy

Okay, own up! Who sent Karhedron to Coventry?  :confused2:

:D

Edit - posted as a tester to see if notification sent to OP. PM sent to OP also.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Karhedron

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Newportnobby

Patient - "Doctor. Doctor. Everyone is ignoring me!"
Doctor - "Next"

Bealman

I was actually going to be a doctor,  but I didn't have the patience  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

I can't see any problems from our end, although I did have a bounced email from your address on Wednesday I think.

daffy

My turn to lose notifications. :(

I noticed a few days ago that emails seemed to have stopped. Since then I have checked account settings; cleared out all previous notification threads; resaved notifications request; asked to be notified on a few threads and boards; and have posted on new and existing threads. At each stage - and not necessarily in the order stated - I have left a time interval to see if a notification comes through. None have.

I did note that at the start of this checking, my account setting screen had a message at the bottom about notifications that seemed to be at odds with the settings. It's gone now, so I don't recall exactly what it said, but it was something about no notifications set up.

Still receiving all other expected emails from other sources to my email account.

I'm confused now, so thought it was time to post this.

Thanks.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Malc

I assume you've checked the spam folder?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

Yes,  nothing NGF there.  Just been into my email account and rechecked all settings. AOK.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Same problem here. No notifications for a couple of days. I haven't changed anything and everything seems set up ok as far as I can tell.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daffy

Thanks, glad to know I'm not alone and going mad. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Webbo

I too have the same problem that started a couple of days ago. The alert settings seem to be fine and there is nothing to do with the NGF in my spam.

I'm still waiting for the problem to just go away as it seems to have done for others in the past.

Webbo

daveg

dannyboy

And me - no notifications for the last two days.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Notification Zone.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations