Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

...a VTG "red stripe"
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

DELETED

My first new locomotive purchase in over a year as I don't agree to all the price hikes.  Wanted a class 60 for ages, the last time I tried to get one off ebay but Mr Hermes the courier driver decided he wanted it for himself instead but this time I went for one from Buffers and I got it fine by good old RM -I was surprised the buffers deal was still on.  I was lazy and bought the DCC converted one (check me out now I'm in work -willing to throw away an extra £10 for someone else to convert when I can do it myself :doh: but was still a reasonable price overall).  Half way through running it in tonight on my test track after I cleaned off the oil from the loco which was plastered everywhere.  My Kato test track suffers from tarnishing / corrision also for some reason but having got everything going the Bachmann chip seems spot-on for what I want again so very happy so far...

Sorry for the poor photo, I think the camera on my smartphone is on its way out and the lighting in my layout room isn't great...

....I'm assuming only the RHS front light should normally be on with the "pair" of red tail lamps at the back.  I've checked loads of photos of the real thing and the RHS lamp always seems to stand out more?  I'm 99% sure this is right but always struck me as a little weird due to the assymetry.  Presumably it's the High intensity lamp on the front on the RHS which is replicated.

Rich

johnlambert

Here's my newest addition, a Union Mills GWR 3200 'Dukedog'

MinZaPint

I think they're breeding here's mine Great Western livery this time

Lovely little runner, but as has been said wider than the average, fortunately I haven't nailed down my platforms yet!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

zwilnik

paulprice

Well one my acolytes, dropped off a bag today, and inside was this little lot, and ONLY £2.50 each

So being an LMS fan how long do you think they will survive before a repaint?

Mito

A repaint? What a terrible thing to do to them. Poor innocent little coaches. :o
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

daveg

You've had them how many minutes PP and they're still not painted?  :toot:

Dave G

paulprice

Quote from: Mito on November 15, 2016, 06:08:09 PM
A repaint? What a terrible thing to do to them. Poor innocent little coaches. :o

CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON :)

Bob Tidbury

I wonder where I am when all these bargains are available ?
Bob

dannyboy

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 15, 2016, 08:26:15 PM
I wonder where I am when all these bargains are available ?
Bob

You're too busy reading and answering posts on this 'ere forum. (But you are appreciated, even if it does mean you miss out on some bargains  ;)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

DELETED

Purchased twice in the same month.  I'll be on 10p white bread and ketchup spread for the last week this month!

I bought two Tarmac JGA's.  Had I known when I started collecting them at £17/each NEW a couple of years ago the price would have rocketed to over £28 now  :o I wouldn't have bothered (new stock was listed on Hattons for about a week then nothing at all anywhere last month or so).  But I like them and they're outside my era (but I at least have a Cl 60 now), another two JGA's at £21 each is just affordable but still very pricey for used,  9 is my limit now so that's a full rake for me :thumbsup:.

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on November 15, 2016, 06:12:49 PM
You've had them how many minutes PP and they're still not painted?  :toot:

Dave G

Dave

What are you trying to say?

railsquid

Quote from: paulprice on November 15, 2016, 05:54:44 PM
Well one my acolytes, dropped off a bag today, and inside was this little lot, and ONLY £2.50 each

So being an LMS fan how long do you think they will survive before a repaint?
I keep forgetting what all these abbreviations mean, but I'm guessing the "S" means "Sodor"? Paint one more of those like the bottom one, add some faces at the ends and you have the perfect rake to pull behind a little blue tank engine.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations