Quote from: Bealman on December 19, 2017, 07:11:04 AM
Looks like everyone is angry!

Come on folks, it's Christmas  :beers:

Bah Humbug >:(

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

JohnN

Blooming Argos!  :veryangry:

I've just ordered an iPad as a pressie for my wife. Received 2 emails, one confirming the order and next day delivery, the next saying my order had been cancelled. Confused, I rang them. The iPad wasn't in stock in the colour I selected (even though the website said it was available for delivery) so they helpfully cancelled it. Problem is, the refund won't hit my account until the end of the week. So no iPad and no access to the money for a few days. Luckily i could just about afford to go to a competitor and buy one over the counter. Not everyone will be so fortunate.

The chap I spoke to agreed it was a stupid situation and admitted that their ordering system does not talk to their stock system until after the order is placed so this could happen to anyone. And it looks like it's a regular occurence. I will be writing a few letters of complaint.

Watch out you don't get caught out like me.

port perran

I'm getting more and more fed up with customer satisfaction surveys. Every time I order something or have dealings with companies, along comes a satisfaction survey.
Recently I gave BT and my Car Insurance Companiy 2/10.  Both had messed me about no end. All that did was prompt a phone call from them wanting to know why I gave them such a low score and what could they do to improve their service?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: JohnN on December 19, 2017, 07:54:40 PM
Blooming Argos!  :veryangry:

I've just ordered an iPad as a pressie for my wife. Received 2 emails, one confirming the order and next day delivery, the next saying my order had been cancelled. Confused, I rang them. The iPad wasn't in stock in the colour I selected (even though the website said it was available for delivery) so they helpfully cancelled it. Problem is, the refund won't hit my account until the end of the week. So no iPad and no access to the money for a few days. Luckily i could just about afford to go to a competitor and buy one over the counter. Not everyone will be so fortunate.

The chap I spoke to agreed it was a stupid situation and admitted that their ordering system does not talk to their stock system until after the order is placed so this could happen to anyone. And it looks like it's a regular occurence. I will be writing a few letters of complaint.

Watch out you don't get caught out like me.

Yep yep yep.

These jokers did this to us with an oven. I had to talk to their supplier FOR THEM as the Argos system is so dumb it doesn't know what's in the wearhouse.

But they took our money, immediately, knowing we had a MONTH to wait.

Oh, and when the thing did arrive their idiot installation engineer didn't know how to work his big testing box and so informed me that our entire house was backwards wired! Our sparky took 2 minutes to say that was tosh.

To top it off, my normal recourse in this situation is to complain to the appropriate ombudsman. However, in this case Argos are not members so it's entirely usesless.

I avoid them if at all possible now.

Skyline2uk

JohnN

I certainly won't be using them again.  :thumbsdown:

themadhippy

QuoteProblem is, the refund won't hit my account until the end of the week.
maybe,if your lucky,took  nearly 2 weeks before i saw my refund.If i was cynical id say  there most probably sitting on thousands of pounds of refunds thats earning intrest and/or making there books look good.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

As an aside to the above, I pay my electricity bill by way of regular monthly identical payments. At one point last year, I was over €300 in credit, so I rang the electricity company and asked for a refund of €200. "No problem" I was told, "we will send it when the next bill is processed". I get a bill every two months! So I complained that I had to wait so long for what was my money and, whilst they were earning interest on my money sat in their bank, I was losing interest. The company replied that they do not earn interest on customers money !! Pardon?   ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

Waited in all day Monday for a delivery from FedEx. At 7pm I emailed the supplier to be told that it was delivered at 11:58. Not to this address I replied. The supplier is sending another shipment by their own van on Thursday. Best part was, last night at about 5:30, some guy from FedEx turns up asking for the parcel they are supposed to collect. Fortunately for them, my wife answered the door, otherwise they would have got a flea in their ear. The delivery was a case of wine, so someone will be having a good Christmas drink, fortunately not at my expense.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Hope the Christmas wine arrives OK, Malc.

Enjoy!  :beers:

Dave G

Skyline2uk

:censored: :veryangry: :censored:

See this is why I can't have nice things.

2 weeks.

Had my car two weeks and some  :censored: has scraped the bumper so badly it's down to the plastic (which is white, so sticks out like a sore thumb on dark blue, thanks Ford).

It was all shiny too  :'(

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear that. Did you catch the  :censored: or did they clear off?

Skyline2uk

Quote from: newportnobby on January 06, 2018, 04:53:51 PM
So sorry to hear that. Did you catch the  :censored: or did they clear off?

Was in a car park so no idea who or when  >:(

It's not going to rust and there is no wheel damage, but still. Will end up going to "Dingmaster" or similar and be a few quid down all cos some fool can't park.

Skyline2uk   

guest311

and of course everyone asks ...

"What did you hit ?" :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations