!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 345353 times)

Offline daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26722
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5505 on: October 31, 2017, 01:58:46 pm »
Tesco "Finest" dry cured back bacon is nothing of the sort.  So much water came out of it that the stuff was braising, not frying.

I'm done with Tesco.

I'm getting the anti-Tesco vibe too! Bacon is really a case in point for me as I have many problems with the 'additives' that get pumped into many meats these days, and the last two lots of Dry Cure I bought were, as you say, full of water. Well, not water exactly, more a chemical-loaded white fluid reminiscent of the stuff you use to cool metal when using a drill or lathe. All my dry-cure now comes from a local butcher, along with all other meat products - better taste, better quality, and often no dearer.

And then there's their Clubcard. We have had Clubcard Plus accounts since their inception in 199?, but now Tesco have decided to end them, and despite promises to the contrary, have not replaced them with a standard Clubcard.

Along with other complaints - including the lack of provision on their magazine racks of 'Continental Modeller' - we visit Tesco less frequently these days.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #5506 on: October 31, 2017, 07:48:52 pm »
I do not how/if Tesco Ireland differs from Tesco Uk, but because of my shift patterns, we do our shopping at Asda in Enniskillen, (Northern Ireland), every second week and Tesco Ireland on the alternate weeks. We spend in the region of €140 in Asda and €70 in Tesco!! 'Nuff said. Unfortunately, we do not have the likes of Morrisons or Sainsburys in the Republic and, whilst there are, (expensive), 'home grown' grocery chains here, it is well worth paying, in time and diesel, to drive to Enniskillen - a nice place to visit if any of you are in that area. The fact that my nearest model shop is in Enniskillen is a pure coincidence!  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #5507 on: October 31, 2017, 08:10:54 pm »
Whenever we are over, we do our main shopping in Enniskillen and just top-ups in SuperValu in Bundoran or the Spar in Ballyshannon. Aside from anything else, as we are usually over for holidays, much alcohol is consumed and the prices in the Republic are criminal!

Oh and I can confirm that the Tesco in Enniskillen is very much like our local Tescos around Manchester (even similar layouts)  - except for having to check which tills you can and can't buy alcohol from and having the alcohol shelves in a fenced off area.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:13:21 pm by stevewalker »

Offline JBQFC

• N Gauge Society Number: 9651
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #5508 on: November 21, 2017, 04:21:30 pm »
this is angry with a happy ending
i got a parcel delivered this morning by royal mail as he give it to me he points out another parcel tucked under a bush by the door from amazon
so i go on to they web site and find it was delivered and signed for on Friday well not signed for by me  :censored:
thankfully the contents a board game are ok
so i sent an angry Email off to Amazon complaining to they credit it only took them 29 minutes to reply with a lot of waffle about how they will look in to it this never happens very often etc etc but also giving me a £5 credit  :claphappy: 

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #5509 on: November 21, 2017, 09:14:07 pm »
I ordered some vouchers for a clothing store for my sister and Mum for Christmas and they were sent 'signed for' to me. As I was not in when the postie delivered them he just shoved them through the letter box and, I have to assume, just made his own signature for them :unimpressed:

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #5510 on: November 21, 2017, 09:35:34 pm »
I ordered some vouchers for a clothing store for my sister and Mum for Christmas and they were sent 'signed for' to me. As I was not in when the postie delivered them he just shoved them through the letter box and, I have to assume, just made his own signature for them :unimpressed:

Best one we had were 4x Mini (Rover) tyres which were “signed for” by Mrs Skyline.

Well the bloke who (to his credit) brought them round from the road next to ours, having patiently explained that they JUST missed his Koi pond after being slung over his gate, disagreed.

A complaint was lodged with currier and they came back saying the driver “accidentally” signed in the recipient box.... :no:

Skyline2uk 
LNER A3 and A4....check
Deltic.....check
HST set......surely?!

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4129.msg46795#msg46795

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #5511 on: December 05, 2017, 01:25:47 pm »
I am the only one in this department who can earn overtime, which tells you how lowly I am...

Just over a year ago it was decreed by a manager in another country, that everyone in this department would have, a certain project on their objectives.
This year that manager has decreed no one will get more than 85% on that project as it is not yet complete....

I have yet to do anything with this project, as I only get to test it when it is complete..

So my annual pay rise, as little as it is, will be less than average, because of something  I have had nothing to do with...

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #5512 on: December 05, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »
I feel the anger with you Q. My employers have made a pay recommendation of 1%, which after inflation will amount to a pay cut of 3%. That on top of the 23.6% real-terms fall in my wages since 2008. And they want to cut my pension too.
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything