Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

Ah yes, with one of those 'wireless' things inside.

pssst, there are a few other grams you may have to meet ? , electro cardio , ummm
oh yes,,, the echo one is amusing, I asked him to let me know if I was pregnant and that I thought he was looking in the wrong place !
He looked sour, as though he had heard it all before - which is why I didnt put it in the jokes section  :D

Newportnobby

I've already had the echo and electro cardio ones, Malcolm.
When I heard the 'gurgling' noise on the echogram I asked the nurse if it was her making that racket.
Don't think she had a sense of humour that day ::)

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on October 01, 2015, 09:19:57 PM
Don't think she had a sense of humour that day ::)
Hmmm, that makes two ! Must be a hazzard of the job, too much ultrasound ruins the funny bone ?

joe cassidy

About 20 years ago a cardiologist decided that it was necessary to monitor my heart during 24 hours - blood pressure and ECG.

For this I had to wear a tape recorder under my clothes for the 24 hour period, but I'm talking about a real cassette recorder in a leather case that the BBC might have used for taping outside broadcasts in the 1960s, not some miniature transistorised marvel of the modern age.

For blood pressure, I had one of those tyre inner tube things strapped to my upper arm, which inflated every 20 minutes. Luckily for my wife it was on my left arm, which is my side of the bed. However, it was a bit embarassing in the train on the way to work when my left arm rose to the horizotal for no apparent reason.

At the end of the day it was a false alarm so I can laugh about it now.

Best regards,

Joe

Newportnobby

Funny that 'cos I had to go through all of that after an episode of atrial fibrillation. I did wonder whether to re-enact the Bond film and switch the cassette for one of Military Marching Bands :-X

Bealman

For all you Arduino freaks out there (yes, I class meself as one of 'em since me last birthday), the latest Silicon Chip magazine has an Arduino-based USB electrocardiogram project.

Why you'd want to build one, I'm not quite sure, however  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Zogbert Splod

It was a marginal decision.  I almost posted in the 'Distinctly Un-Chuffed' thread.
My KNK cutter arrived.  I opened the outer box, hauled out the inner box and, there, between the boxes was the cutting mat, jammed at a diagonal causing a bend from corner to corner.  'OK,' thinks I, 'that will flatten in a while if I just lay it on a flat surface.'  But no...  I tried putting it on a radiator, I tried pouring some warm, then HOT water across it.  I tried rolling it up against the kink and holding it there with rubber bands for a while.  No difference in any of the efforts. The kink was such that the mat would not pass through the machine without jamming.  So, it was  :poop: -o-gram time!
Now this is why this post is here instead of in the stronger thread.  Within minutes of my email, I received a polite reply containing an apology and the advice that they had dispatched a whole pack of mats as a replacement.  Assuming that they arrive in reasonable time I will have no need to post in the ANGRY place.
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Newportnobby

Sounds like they are looking after you, Allan. Good service :thumbsup:

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: newportnobby on October 02, 2015, 03:56:21 PM
Time will tell, but if they react that well as a general principle, I will be a crappy hamper...  (or do I mean 'happy camper'?)
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on October 02, 2015, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 02, 2015, 03:56:21 PM
Time will tell, but if they react that well as a general principle, I will be a crappy hamper...  (or do I mean 'happy camper'?)

Always remember to leave no turd unstoned ;D

Caz

Wasn't sure as to whether put this in the unhappy or angry threads.  Had a running session this morning, first is to get locos out of their mpd's, all worked fine.  Ran some circuits then started some out and back trains and discovered that the points in the mpd area no longer work.   :veryangry:

It seems all 8 points controlled by one of my CML DAC20 boards (I've got 10 control boards) wouldn't work, can hear a faint buzz whenever I send a throw command but the point doesn't throw.  I suspect it is the in built CDU that has died, it is the first one to do this and the strange thing is it is the newest one, only bought in June.

Question is do I have a go at repairing it myself to save not having the MPD non-operational for a few weeks or bite the bullett and send it back?   :hmmm:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

It's worth while running a soldering iron over the circuit board, Caz. Sounds like you are not charging the capacitors.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

I had this happen to me ,Toneeze and Shelley came to operate my layout we had a great morning ,came up the house for lunch when we went back no points at all in the fiddle yard we tried a new CDU and then noticed that when I put the second wire in the output of the CDU two point motors buzzed we found which two and discovered that two push buttons were stuck down ,replaced them and we were up and running again.I know Caz,s layout is computer controlled but this might help someone else so they don't panic wondering what's gone wrong.

fatso

Very sad in my house today my lovely   lady has said no to another 4 speaker for my home theater system along with a new amp that allows atmos format sound  wives they always wins or she think so how to get 4 small little speaker in the amp will  be easy its the same make fatso on mission might be dog for very long time if captured. :laugh:
Always looking on the bright side of life

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations