!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 55683 times)

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2015, 01:11:21 pm »
It's worth while running a soldering iron over the circuit board, Caz. Sounds like you are not charging the capacitors.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Online Bob Tidbury

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2015, 02:30:37 pm »
I had this happen to me ,Toneeze and Shelley came to operate my layout we had a great morning ,came up the house for lunch when we went back no points at all in the fiddle yard we tried a new CDU and then noticed that when I put the second wire in the output of the CDU two point motors buzzed we found which two and discovered that two push buttons were stuck down ,replaced them and we were up and running again.I know Caz,s layout is computer controlled but this might help someone else so they don't panic wondering what's gone wrong.

Offline fatso

• Chairperson of the north woolwich M.r.c
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2015, 03:00:45 pm »
Very sad in my house today my lovely   lady has said no to another 4 speaker for my home theater system along with a new amp that allows atmos format sound  wives they always wins or she think so how to get 4 small little speaker in the amp will  be easy its the same make fatso on mission might be dog for very long time if captured. :laugh:
Always looking on the bright side of life

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2015, 06:46:04 pm »
my lovely   lady has said no to another 4 speaker for my home theater system along with a new amp that allows atmos format sound
Have an extra pint in the evening fatso and you won't notice the difference!! Relatively cheap and very enjoyable solution.
 :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2015, 03:22:32 pm »
Currently an unwilling participant in a medical experiment titled "Small Babies as Disease Vectors". Worse, offending small baby not only manages to display all symptoms of said diseases, but remain disgustingly active. On the plus side he only took a couple of days to associate the "uncomfortable snot-removal tubes" with "subsequent nasal relief" and the process no longer requires two people with five arms between them.
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Offline MalcolmAL

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2015, 03:59:40 pm »
Currently an unwilling participant in a medical experiment titled "Small Babies as Disease Vectors".  "uncomfortable snot-removal tubes"

Now I know why I don't like looking at this thread. Medical stories....
I'm with B
 :laugh3: :o   :smiley-laughing: :laughabovepost:

a little too much info I rekons :)

Disease vector you say, Ha, wait till it starts school then worry about what it brings home.
Almost as bad as riding a bus.

Offline railsquid

• Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 04:11:15 pm »
"Riding" a bus? Do you put a saddle on it or what?  ???

Offline petercharlesfagg

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23769
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 04:12:53 pm »
Currently an unwilling participant in a medical experiment titled "Small Babies as Disease Vectors". Worse, offending small baby not only manages to display all symptoms of said diseases, but remain disgustingly active. On the plus side he only took a couple of days to associate the "uncomfortable snot-removal tubes" with "subsequent nasal relief" and the process no longer requires two people with five arms between them.

A mental picture comes to mind of trying to hold an adult male cat to get a tablet down its throat!  (I learnt about wrapping it in a towel, AFTERWARDS!)

Scratches?  You have NO idea!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Offline railsquid

• Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2015, 04:20:24 pm »

A mental picture comes to mind of trying to hold an adult male cat to get a tablet down its throat!  (I learnt about wrapping it in a towel, AFTERWARDS!)

Scratches?  You have NO idea!

Wrap aforesaid tablet in a piece of tasty chicken. Guaranteed to work at least some of the time. Also, post-operative adult female cat with epic constipation and one of those neck lampshades SHE DOES NOT LIKE... why yes, I have the t-shirt  :D

Offline MalcolmAL

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2015, 04:34:58 pm »
"Riding" a bus? Do you put a saddle on it or what?  ???
I wouldnt know what to do with the things these days, it has been so long since.

Much like "taking" a train, wouldnt know how to go about doing it, let alone getting a reasonable ticket to anywhere,
now if they were re-nationalised it would , , ,
ohh errr watavI said now , ,  :D :D :D

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2015, 08:31:56 pm »
Spent most of today waiting for/having an angiogram. Having shaved the 'top of my right leg' (and adjoining region as instructed they did the job radially i.e. went in from my wrist so there'll be some embarrassing scratching going on for a couple of weeks for no reason :-[. Can't do much for the next 2 days (no driving, no lifting more than a cuppa etc) just in case the artery pops but should be OK after that. The immediate prognosis is that I need a double heart by pass before Christmas :doh: :worried: :help:
Still, there are plenty worse off than me.

Online ColinH

• N Gauge Society Number: 24448
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2015, 08:36:19 pm »
Sorry to hear that Nobby. Hope you get treatment quickly and promptly with no messing about with cancelled op appointments etc. Guess it may curtail modelling for a while but should give you even more time for posting on here.

Sure there will be lots of good wishes message winging your way.
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

Online Geoff

• N Gauge Society Number: 21731
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »
I wish you good health Mick and I hope they get you sorted soon.
Geoff

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2015, 08:45:17 pm »
Car park cost me 10 so they've had the deposit already :veryangry: :censored:

Offline Mr Sprue

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2015, 08:52:17 pm »

The immediate prognosis is that I need a double heart by pass before Christmas :doh: :worried: :help:
Still, there are plenty worse off than me.

Chin up Mick, from what I hear from people that have undergone the opp, all say it was worth it.  ;)

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here