Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC

Quote from: stevewalker on September 30, 2017, 12:26:54 AM
After two years off through illness, waiting for operations and then recovery, my wife has decided that she is up to going back to work. She had two interviews on Tuesday (the first she's had for 11 years) and she was offered both positions by the end of the day  :claphappy:

great news wish her good luck from me

RMurphy195

After two years off through illness, waiting for operations and then recovery, my wife has decided that she is up to going back to work. She had two interviews on Tuesday (the first she's had for 11 years) and she was offered both positions by the end of the day  :claphappy:

YAY :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Newportnobby

Decisions. Decisions. :bounce:

stevewalker

Quote from: newportnobby on September 30, 2017, 02:57:33 PM

Decisions. Decisions. :bounce:

The decision was made and passed on to both employers that day - she did find it difficult letting one down. She's due in tomorrow to hand over all her details and documents ready for DBS checking and then its just a case of waiting for that to go through.

daffy

Happy days! Sun is shining and twice in the last hour or so the BBMF Lancaster has flown low level over the village. The last fly-by about 5 minutes ago was right over my house , followed minutes later by an equally low pass by an RAF Typhoon jet.

It's nice living here. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

Seeing the Lancaster from home is a very rare treat, perhaps once every two years here despite its base at Coningsby being only 12 miles away. Today we have now had FOUR low level flypasts, the last two in formation with a Spitfire! Magic. :thumbsup: As I type this I can still herar her Merlins growling in the distance. Maybe she'll be back in a few minutes. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

tutenkhamunsleeping

Just discovered Stroopwafels, yum!  Can't believe I've wasted 58 years on this planet :heart2:

austinbob

Alright.. You knew we were gonna ask, what's Stroopwafel?
:doh: :hmmm: :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

austinbob

Ta.. Not for me I think. I can see diabetic clinic nurse warming her cane up already.
:help:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: newportnobby on October 06, 2017, 05:14:30 PM
I don't like caramel :sick2:

Well I wasn't going to offer you one anyway :P

Zogbert Splod

I worked for a Dutch company for many years. Yeah, I was hooked on those for a long time. I used to break them in half and dip them in my coffee...
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

joe cassidy

Quote from: daffy on October 06, 2017, 02:25:45 PM
Seeing the Lancaster from home is a very rare treat, perhaps once every two years here despite its base at Coningsby being only 12 miles away. Today we have now had FOUR low level flypasts, the last two in formation with a Spitfire! Magic. :thumbsup: As I type this I can still herar her Merlins growling in the distance. Maybe she'll be back in a few minutes. :)

Has someone declared war on the UK and the govt is trying to keep it quiet ? :(

railsquid

Quote from: joe cassidy on October 06, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: daffy on October 06, 2017, 02:25:45 PM

Has someone declared war on the UK and the govt is trying to keep it quiet ? :(
If so then the defence cuts have kicked in already. Was mildly alarmed to see a stream of military planes turning right more-or-less directly over Chez Railsquid the other day, presume they were heading for an airbase a few km to the west.

In happier news went for a spot of retail therapy in Tokyo's Akihabara district :D

daffy

The reason for last Friday's flypasts by the Lanc and a Spitfire is now clear - it was the last day of the BBMF's flying season and also a send off for two members of the flight, Squadron Leader Beresford as Navigator on the Lancaster, and Flight Lt. Andy 'Parky' Parkinson. For Parky it was his last flight as a member of the RAF:

QuoteFriday 6th October 2017 saw Flt Lt Parkinson MBE take his last flight in the RAF. Joining the Royal Air Force in 1983 he has flown many aircraft types including the Phantom, Tornado F3 (also as display pilot), Hawk with the RAF Red Arrows, F16 with the Royal Netherlands Air Force and he was the first pilot in the world to accumulate 1,000 hours on Typhoon.

Joining Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Official) in 2007 as a volunteer pilot before becoming Ops Officer in 2012.

Flt Lt Parkinson MBE is retiring with over 7,200 hours flying hours. Over 1,000 each in Phantom, Hawk and Typhoon.

Here is a great video of his last flight with in-cockpit footage.

https://www.facebook.com/RAFConingsby/videos/1773182832978988/?hc_ref=ARRjD91Kgo-y0wFUB2CyoKSsbp_tJFiCXOTwqMbqTQt8rNGkmUJYv5It2oMTXsI5msM
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations