Is your model railway sufficiently gender - neutral and multicultural?

Started by Railwaygun, September 02, 2018, 12:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

My layout provides multicultural equal opportunities for rolling stock of all genders.

"This isn't Sodor any more, is it?" said Annie with a worried voice.
"My axle boxes are starting to feel all hot and bothered", complained Clarabel.

d-a-n

No bad thing having these new characters, kids need to know there's a world beyond their own experiences and this might be the hook to get them to learn about other cultures and become more broadminded.

petejones

I thought about modelling an Indian railway, until I realised it would cost a fortune in figures!

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Bealman on September 02, 2018, 01:49:24 PM
Jumping on a plane and being immersed in different cultures was in the future!  :beers:
Ummm on a plane maybe so, , ,  but Queen Vic some while earlier was well acquainted with a personage and 'particular friend' (as the term was known in those days)  of another culture.

In the interests of equality :- why can we not have a fat female controller ?

Is it only us men that can be seen and parodied  for being fat --- I speak as a 9stone sylph-like figure that the wind would not notice if I turned sideways :)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MalcolmInN

The brill Dench one that I remember was also the brill Billy Connolly performance as (Mr !) Brown
Did the Munchi figure in that ?

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

BobB

1) I am annoyed that the original stories of the Reverend have been copied, distorted and reviewed for what appears to be commercial gain.
2) I enjoy modelling BR corporate blue in and around the mid-70's.
3) Ignoring rule one (and all that is thereby implied) no one, or nor organisation or any well meaning personage is going to make me run a model railway to suit there personal racial, sexual, gender based or other ridicules concerns (Did I cover all of the concerns ?).
4) I object to this subject becoming anything other than a joke.

I suggest the moderators close this topic

ACA

I feel this is a story being hyped up by the newspapers, the position is all the original stories have already been filmed, to keep the series going new characters are being introduced much like the Rev A himself did adding Oliver and Duck etc in the later books. The slant the newspapers are taking is that this is PC gone mad but basically it is only doing what the Rev A probably would have done had he been writing them now rather than the 40s 50s and 60s.

In my opinion Thomas went off when Johnny Morris was replaced as narrator, which now shows my age.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations