UK Bank Holiday Monday! It's sooooooooooo stressful!

Started by daffy, May 07, 2018, 07:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Well actually, it was anything but for young Daffy. :)

A 4 hour early morning drive on the A18, M180, M62, A1M and A66 (on extremely quiet roads) to Pooley Bridge on the shores of Ullswater in the English Lake District, and I had to put up with this:

And after a really awful  ;) slow relaxing walk along the lakeside, and a fish and chip supper sat on the grass in Keswick looking down the length of Derwent Water, I now have to relax with the last session of the World Snooker Final.

What a dreadful day! :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob Tidbury

Im just chilling after the three day show at Thornbury why is it you get so tired after a show
Friday was quite good
Saturday not quite as busy
Sunday very quiet
And thanks to our friend Martin we were on our way home pretty quick after the show ended .
But  I woke up this morning  absolutely knackered .Good job Im retired .
I did manage to put the glue glaze in the windows of the  Archlaser cattle truck   I bought from Osborns Models it really does make the model look even better .
Bob Tidbury

daffy

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on May 07, 2018, 08:53:33 PM
I did manage to put the glue glaze in the windows of  Archlaser cattle truck   I bought from Osborns Models it really does make the model look even better .
Bob Tidbury

Glazed windows for cows? :hmmm: I have an image of cows staring out of Pullman carriage windows on the 7:15 to market. :o

I guess they must be getting fed up with all those drafty cattle wagons and want a better deal.

This one is evidently not happy to find a lack of glazing on these carriage windows, so is unlikely to get aboard:

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Your day in the Lakes sounds great, daffy. My favourite part of England. There's not many pubs in Keswick that haven't had my custom!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

I spent the Saturday on the Norfolk Equivalent of the the Lakes. The Norfolk Broads which is not a national park..
Actually it was Horning Boat show https://www.horningboatshow.co.uk/   and yours truly was on gate guard / welcome visitors in to Horning Sailing club.
The car park was officially for exhibitors only. However all the local car parks were full and the Standby one at Belwilderwood https://www.bewilderwood.co.uk/ was too far way for the disabled. So I let them in as well..

Horning Sailing Club of which I'm a member was doing a "Try sailing" day, Tea and coffee 50p tea and cake £1.50, try sailing  Free!!!

Not the event, but some of these boats were used for the event, you got a 20 minute -half hour trip out.

We had record numbers, and 15 large diameter cakes were consumed in portions, along with burgers, sausages, a vast variety of other foodstuffs and drinks.
We are a self help Sailing club the only paid staff is the cleaner who comes in once a week. This and money raising at the tea bar at events, keep costs down so our full family member ship is only £115 this year.

We have sailing every Sunday March to October, but there are many special events the next one, The "3 Rivers Race" http://www.3rr.uk/ An Allcomers race open to anyone throughout the world, 2-3rd June, 100 - 150 boats from 14ft to 40ft, 54miles, within 24 hours, under three bridges (twice)  hours including this one. we had some Canadians a couple of years ago..

I'll be on one of the dozen guard ships where the competitors have to check in on the way round..

Oh did that sound like an advert for sailing at Horning...  :D , but I do the same about model railway events on Norfolk Broads forums...

Bealman

Once again, looks like great weather and a great day.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MinZaPint

Well I spent the evening looking at some old cars in a Pub paddock while having a few pints (wife driving!)

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

daffy

Quote from: Bealman on May 07, 2018, 11:09:42 PM
There's not many pubs in Keswick that haven't had my custom!  :beers:

Funny thing that, cos I was in The Wainwright last evening and the chap behind the bar was talking to his mate about this bar tab that has never been covered. He said something about the guy had run up this huge tab and the scarpered out of the district. His other mate said he's heard from the girlfriend of the first mate's brother that the guy had, it was rumoured, been "transported to the other side of the planet". He said he didn't know what "transported" meant, but they were all agreed it was probably bad.

I didn't pay it any mind at the time, but since your post............... :hmmm:

:beers: - hope you don't mind but I've asked them to put these on the tab too. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations