!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A4 Silver Jubilee rake - is there maker of a kit or RTR  (Read 535 times)

Online Atso

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: A4 Silver Jubilee rake - is there maker of a kit or RTR
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 11:05:43 pm »
3-3-2

Yup, that's the revised formation, great find! As built coach 'F' wasn't present but I can't remember exactly when it was added.

Offline Shiney Sheff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23792
    • Awards

Offline Shiney Sheff

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 03:31:35 pm »
Just looking on the Ultima/Etched Pixels site, I have found the sides only, to convert Minitrix/Dapol coaches into the centre triple set, just need to find something suitable for the other two pairs, to form the seven car set.

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 05:53:22 pm »
Just looking on the Ultima/Etched Pixels site, I have found the sides only, to convert Minitrix/Dapol coaches into the centre triple set, just need to find something suitable for the other two pairs, to form the seven car set.

Are you sure those aren't the printed sides for the teak triple set? If so they can't be used for the Silver Jubilee set and I'm not sure if the window layout is even the same...

Offline Shiney Sheff

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 06:47:52 pm »

Are you sure those aren't the printed sides for the teak triple set? If so they can't be used for the Silver Jubilee set and I'm not sure if the window layout is even the same...
[/quote]

:doh: I omitted to observe that point, I'd best get me specs  :D

Offline R Marshall

• N Gauge Society Number: 24052
  • 2mm Association Number: 4874
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 12:19:23 pm »
Steve,

A bit off topic, but I'd love to get a pair of 1928 steel bodied, flat sided Pullman BSKs to go with my Farish Metro-Cammells for the Tees Tyne Pullman. You'd think Farish would fill the gap eventually, but maybe not in my lifetime!

Is there a kit or etches for these?

Regards,

Roy

Good question! I'd suggest trying Bill Bedford (Mousa Models) to see if he has any thing in his range (Silver Jubilees too) or ask Worsley Works if they'd consider doing some. Both would be etches only though...

Bill Bedford has stopped making them.  I have already asked Alan Doherty of Worsley Works to look at making etches and have sent him drawings.

That's good news - love to hear what transpires.

Bill Bedford did some great stuff - he knocked out some 2mm etches for Conflat Ls for me with the powder containers, but he said then that he wanted to get out of making etches.

Regards,

Roy

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 11:44:30 am »
I spent an enjoyable afternoon yesterday 'helping' the NoEL team (read playing trains) at Peterborough. I covered some of the team for lunches/looking around time and was operating MikeJ's Silver Jubilee set is it was in the part of the fiddle yard I was temporarily controlling. Mike confirmed that his set has been scratchbuilt by him using plasticard overlays and some old style Farish Mk1s. His set is the seven coach formation which he informs me was how the set ran for c. eighteen models after the service was introduced in 1935.

Unfortunately, while Copenhagen Fields was present, I didn't get much of an opportunity to speak with Tim Watson, and not about his SJ set, but it did appear to represent the earlier seven coach formation as well.

Online Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+47)
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 12:06:40 pm »
Unfortunately, while Copenhagen Fields was present, I didn't get much of an opportunity to speak with Tim Watson, and not about his SJ set, but it did appear to represent the earlier seven coach formation as well.

If you see one of the other threads, apparently some coaching and wagon stock was stolen from Copenhagen Fields when they returned to their clubrooms. :(

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 12:16:36 pm »
If you see one of the other threads, apparently some coaching and wagon stock was stolen from Copenhagen Fields when they returned to their clubrooms. :(

Oh no! That is terrible! I hope that they manage to catch the b#####d and get their stock back, not only has it taken hours to construct (mostly scratchbuilt) but there is an awful lot of history there from a couple of big names in historic finescale modelling!

Why do people do such things? In total shock and very saddened to hear this. :( :( :(

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Railway Graphics
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:05 pm »
I produced some vinyl sides for the Beavertail Observation Car a little while ago, for a customer commission. Have to say he did a cracking job and it came out lovely.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Railway Graphics
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 08:36:25 am »
I produced some vinyl sides for the Beavertail Observation Car a little while ago, for a customer commission. Have to say he did a cracking job and it came out lovely.

Ohh, wrong streamline set (the Observation Car was part of the Coronation set) but do you have any pictures of the build please???

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here