!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Etched wagon parts  (Read 191 times)

Offline Duke62

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27402
  • 2mm Association Number: 5323
    • Awards
Etched wagon parts
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:44:17 am »
Does anybody know if anybody does etched wagon parts ie brake levers,v-hangers,wagon strapping etc.I know mainly trains used to do these for 4mm but I have been unable to find any for N gauge even the 2mm FS assocation don't do these parts as separate items these would be useful for detailing RTR chassis and doing away with oversized moulded items any thoughts guys?

Online PaulCheffus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
Re: Etched wagon parts
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:53:15 am »
Does anybody know if anybody does etched wagon parts ie brake levers,v-hangers,wagon strapping etc.I know mainly trains used to do these for 4mm but I have been unable to find any for N gauge even the 2mm FS assocation don't do these parts as separate items these would be useful for detailing RTR chassis and doing away with oversized moulded items any thoughts guys?

Hi

There arn't any I am aware of unfortunately.

It might be worth approaching Worsley Works with the details of what you require as Allen has done one off etches for me in the past. Another option is Alan Cox (Etched Pixels) again who has done one offs in the past thought he is busy with house renovations at the moment.

The other option is to design the etch yourself and send it to someone like PEC to do the actual etching.

Cheers

Paul

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Etched wagon parts
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:58:43 am »
Looks like NBrass do some. I'll leave you to browse...............

http://www.nbrasslocos.co.uk/fitall.html

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything