!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kato Trams  (Read 192 times)

Offline 72c

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Kato Trams
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:29:56 pm »
Can anybody advise please.

My Kato portram no longer moves. The wheels are picking up current and the motors are functioning correctly as best as I can tell.   When viewed side on it appears to dip at the corridor connection and this downward movement is lifting the bogies off the  track.??  A 2 p coin  added to one end is sufficient weight to restore equlibrium and it moves smoothly in both directions. Has anybody any knowledge of what is going on and how to correct please?
Thanks

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Kato Trams
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:59:27 am »
As adding a bit of weight to one end makes the tram run correctly and, presumably, levels the tram on the track, is it possible that something has moved inside the body altering the balance? Just a thought.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline 72c

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Kato Trams
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 05:50:28 pm »
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I would agree.  I have lifted the body off and seating out but, as yet, have not found a way to remove the corridor connection as I think the issue  must be in that area.  I am also reluctant to attempt to lift out the bogie until I am sure I can do it correctly!!

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything