Gallery help please.

Started by emjaybee, September 12, 2017, 11:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

I've been trying to load a gallery of pics to link to a recent post. I thought I'd created a gallery, spent about an hour waiting for pics to upload and they've vanished in the ether.

Tried again, same result.

The connected post has one pic which has randomly rotated. Why?

Any help would be gratefully received!

?????

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

mr magnolia

In traditional internet style, I cannot offer any actual help, but I can agree that since the gallery set up changed a little while ago, its workings have become pretty mysterious to me.

With respect to your own situation, is it possible that photos have been uploaded to the gallery, but not to the folder that you were expecting? Is it possible to view 'recently uploaded' photos?

Donald

Bob Tidbury

Your not the only one Mr Magnolia It took me with the help of many members ages to work out how to put pictures in my folder ,now I will have to get more help again I thought computers and technology were supposed to be getting user friendly.
Bob Tidbury

emjaybee

Quote from: mr magnolia on September 13, 2017, 12:04:59 AM
In traditional internet style, I cannot offer any actual help, but I can agree that since the gallery set up changed a little while ago, its workings have become pretty mysterious to me.

With respect to your own situation, is it possible that photos have been uploaded to the gallery, but not to the folder that you were expecting? Is it possible to view 'recently uploaded' photos?

Donald

I tried viewing "recently uploaded", to no avail!

Vanished! Gone! Vapourised!

???
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

I have been having the odd problem too.

We're looking at it!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Once you had created your gallery did you opt for the 'Bulk upload' option? If so, you can see the pics loading and if they have a tick they should be there, but if they have a cross they haven't uploaded. I also believe there is a limit of 10(?) pics allowed on a bulk upload
@Only Me

Dorsetmike

Although I think I have almost mastered the image upload here I must say that it is by far the most awkward of the 5 forums I belong to; no need for titles, categories  etc. The usual process is click an "upload button", browse you hard disc for the immage location and click upload, in nost cases the image uploads to the post and your gallery. Some also have an option to insert an image already in a gallery.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Tank

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 13, 2017, 10:26:26 AM
Although I think I have almost mastered the image upload here I must say that it is by far the most awkward of the 5 forums I belong to; no need for titles, categories  etc. The usual process is click an "upload button", browse you hard disc for the immage location and click upload, in nost cases the image uploads to the post and your gallery. Some also have an option to insert an image already in a gallery.

Yes, you can do that on here as well.  It's been explained in a few places.....

Dorsetmike

It's probably down to the basic forum software, I subscribe to 5 forums, each has different software, Zen Foro, Vbulletin, IP Board, UltraBB & SMF here, I think XenForo and UltraBB have the simplest image upload; the worst ever was probably Yahoo groups.

In most cases the gallery/album defaults to that of the member and title is file name so step 2 is bypassed; using an image from ones gallery/album only requires clicking on "select image from album" then a click on the image for it to appear in a post, no highlighting code and copy/paste to the post.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations