!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Anhydrous Ammonia Tanker  (Read 168 times)

Offline PaulCheffus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
Anhydrous Ammonia Tanker
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:12:04 pm »
Hi

I mentioned in the Belgian Ferry Vans thread that I had a sheet of transfers printed for other projects. This is one of those other projects.

First started around ten years ago when I got four tankers finished out of a required rake of eight. The planned eight wagons were made up from the following diagrams one of E387, two of E497 and five of TC007A. The four completed wagons were two of each E497 and TC007A

I then lost interest and the parts for the others languished in my stock drawers. Earlier this year with my new found enthusiasm to finish my half built projects and the purchase of a Silhouette Curio machine I decided it was time I built the other four. The part started chassis were scrapped as the plastic had become brittle with age. New chassis parts were drawn and cutout using the cutter and the remaining four wagons constructed.

This is the first of the four to be completed and is the only one in the rake to diagram E387.

Below are pictures of two of the original tanks built in 2006.
Diagram E497

The two tanks built to this diagram are due to have their chassis rebuilt in the future as the original drawing I used showed an incorrect overall length and they should be the same as the E387 version above.

Diagram TC007A

The final three wagons are built and just require the application of transfers now to finish them.

The idea is to represent the Barton upon Humber to Ince Anhydrous Ammonia train that ran via Woodhead. The actual consist will be seven tanks from the available eight to give variety. At each end of the rake of tanks is a runner wagon. These runners have been built from a modified TPM SAA kit with 2mm SA chassis. The consist will end with a brake van and will be hauled by a pair of class 76s.

Cheers

Paul
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:13:48 pm by PaulCheffus »

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Anhydrous Ammonia Tanker
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:16:33 pm »
Very nice work indeed Paul. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit