Gad but it's hot, Fanshawe

Started by Newportnobby, June 18, 2017, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Been in the mancave this afternoon running a few locos and, by heck, it's too hot in that there conservatory even with doors and windows open. The ceiling fan just stirs hot air around.
According to my 'inside out' thermometer it's 27 degrees centigrade outside, not that they're particularly accurate.
I see the dreaded little red spider mites are out already - tiny bags of blood which you have to be very careful not to squash as they stain things badly.

I imagine if you have your layout in a loft it would be pretty unbearable up there?

austinbob

Hot days like today I reserve for planning. Generally conducted in a shady part of the garden with the aid of a very cold lager or six.
Its amazing how clear the plans you've made are after the sixth beer. Just can't remember what they were the next day...
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

RailGooner

Have spent the day under the stairs, replacing a 1G surface-box outlet with a 2G sub-box outlet. HOTTT!

daffy

I've been defrosting a freezer. :)

Will do the other one tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Two cool!   8)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

RailGooner

I might have to get in the freezer in a minute! :D

dannyboy

When Mick started this thread, my outside thermometer was showing 26 degrees - it is now showing 29 !!  :o I thought it was supposed to cool down in the evening  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

austinbob

29 degrees in Farnborough Hants right now. 25 degrees indoors. Very tempted to pour a cold beer over my head!!
Min temp tonight is 17. So... The choice tonight is boil, or open the bedroom windows and suffer ear damage from the traffic. Decisions decisions....
:'(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

port perran

It's even hot in Cornwall today.
I love it though.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Dorsetmike

My triple glazing  plus a NW aspect have kept it to about 22/23 here in  Bournemouth, probably a bit warmer on the beach!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bob Tidbury

We were told that the Marquee at the G C R SHOW reached 40 yesterday not sure how high it was today Plus Daughters  Dave wasnt feeling very well they packed up and went home Sunday morning
Didnt meet any members apart from willike1958.
Where did you all get to there were some very nice N gauge layouts and you could have all lost a lot of weight walking round in the heat.
Bob Tidbury

Ditape

29.9 here in Swindon,Help!!! I am Melting.
Diane Tape

Pengi

33 C forecast on Tues for London
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Tank

I can't stand the heat. :'(  Anything above 18C and I'm not happy!  My boys had great fun in the blow up pool though and were in it all day.  :D  I have been beside the fan all day long!!!

I did manage some woodwork in the loft on Friday night, but had to stop every 15 minutes and go downstairs to cool off.  After 5 years my traverser is connected to my layout!  HURRAH!  Now I just need to wire it up.  Next year....!   ;D

Bob Tidbury

I dont think anyone should come to visit me for the next few days I will be recovering from the G C R show and just chilling out in my shorts ,,, not a pretty sight I must admit but needs must and a that,,,.right now Im just going to have my second shower since I got home.Im feeling better allready.
Bob Tidbury

Bob Tidbury

Why have you got to wait till next year to do the soldering Tank or dont De Walt make a soldering iron yet .
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations