ANY GOOD MODEL SHOPS NEAR POLPERRO IN CORNWALL

Started by paulprice, June 08, 2017, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Help, I have to spend a week on Holiday in Polperro Cornwall, are their any good model shops around there?

trkilliman

The Liskeard shop has recently closed.

Short of travelling all the way down to Kernow in Camborne, I would think your best bet is to seek out shops in Plymouth and surrounding area/s.

I stand to be corrected on the above of course.

Steve

Falmouth.

port perran

Hi Paul
Glad to hear that you are popping down to the best part of the country. :)
Although to be fair for the last 3-4 days all we have had it heavy rain and gales.
I think the nearest model shop to Polperro will be at Mevagissey (World of Model Railways). He doesn't have a lot N gauge wise but sometimes has some second hand stuff at reasonable prices and he's more than happy to try it out on a little test track.(although you takes your chance - sometimes he has no 2nd hand stock at all).
Other than that, it's Kernow Model Rail Centre near me in Camborne.  You'll have heard of them. Not a huge shop but crammed with stuff. Near the top of Trelowarren Street. If you are very luck you can park in the layby opposite if not there's a car park in town or Tesco just a 2-3 min walk away.
There's also Liskeard Model Railway shop who have limited N gauge.
Enjoy your time down here. If you fancy a pint or coffee let me know.
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

port perran

Quote from: trkilliman on June 08, 2017, 11:59:53 AM
The Liskeard shop has recently closed.

Short of travelling all the way down to Kernow in Camborne, I would think your best bet is to seek out shops in Plymouth and surrounding area/s.
I stand to be corrected on the above of course.
Steve
Falmouth.

Ah...didn't realise that the Liskeard shop was closed but thinking about it, I think you mentioned it t'other day !
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

paulprice

Quote from: port perran on June 08, 2017, 12:00:46 PM
Hi Paul
Glad to hear that you are popping down to the best part of the country. :)
Although to be fair for the last 3-4 days all we have had it heavy rain and gales.
I think the nearest model shop to Polperro will be at Mevagissey (World of Model Railways). He doesn't have a lot N gauge wise but sometimes has some second hand stuff at reasonable prices and he's more than happy to try it out on a little test track.(although you takes your chance - sometimes he has no 2nd hand stock at all).
Other than that, it's Kernow Model Rail Centre near me in Camborne.  You'll have heard of them. Not a huge shop but crammed with stuff. Near the top of Trelowarren Street. If you are very luck you can park in the layby opposite if not there's a car park in town or Tesco just a 2-3 min walk away.
There's also Liskeard Model Railway shop who have limited N gauge.
Enjoy your time down here. If you fancy a pint or coffee let me know.
Martin

Martin,

thanks for the kind offer, I think I will need several pints to handle the stress of being away from work......

trkilliman

thanks for the kind offer, I think I will need several pints to handle the stress of being away from work......

LOL !!!

paulprice

Quote from: trkilliman on June 08, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

LOL !!!

I will, last year not including Christmas I only had 2 days leave all year

Newportnobby

Last time I was in Polperro it was a car free zone. You had to leave your car in a car park on the edge of the town and walk to your accomodation. However, the Blue Peter pub more than made up for that as it had a fantastic range of real ales. New Years Eve the whole town goes out in fancy dress. I was dressed as a doctor and was pleasantly shocked at what some of the ladies asked me to check out! :-X

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=blue+peter+polperro&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

daveg

Lived and went to school in Camborne but that was a very long time ago.

I understand kids don't have to bring their own chalk and blackboard now.  :dunce:

Hope the weather behaves for you, PP

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations