!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: choise  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Old Bob One

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: choise
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2017, 12:20:26 pm »
They will both be done with code 55 flex track. I would like some shunting as it adds to the operation of the layout. The middle bit will be on the same level and be a factory of some sort. But you have lost me about the right side there are two nasty bumps in the wide turn and At the right there might be enough place for a screw-circle in a hill... Also the bit about It looks as if it contains an Inglenook and a modified Timesaver. Don't forget this if the very first time I have built a layout of any sort lol.

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2017, 12:47:15 pm »
They will both be done with code 55 flex track. I would like some shunting as it adds to the operation of the layout. The middle bit will be on the same level and be a factory of some sort. But you have lost me about the right side there are two nasty bumps in the wide turn and At the right there might be enough place for a screw-circle in a hill... Also the bit about It looks as if it contains an Inglenook and a modified Timesaver. Don't forget this if the very first time I have built a layout of any sort lol.

Sharp bumps... a tight turn, then a bit straight, then a wide turn.... this is not harmonic turn, but a "bumpy" one.

The inner part looked to me like a head station as you find them on hills...  like a branch line that climbs into the hills

Look up "Inglenook" ( http://www.wymann.info/ShuntingPuzzles/sw-inglenook.html ) and "Timesaver" ( http://www.wymann.info/ShuntingPuzzles/sw-timesaver.html ) these are two classic shunting layouts. The Inglenook is at the top right. Whilst the inner part resembles a Timesaver.
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Offline Old Bob One

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2017, 01:19:08 pm »
Thanks for that. I am starting to like the first one better now as it gives me plenty to do running it. Can you please explain about the At the right there might be enough place for a screw-circle in a hill bit.

Offline Old Bob One

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2017, 02:06:49 pm »
I have done a few alterations to the first one and I am starting to like the possibilities running it.

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2017, 04:55:59 pm »
Thanks for that. I am starting to like the first one better now as it gives me plenty to do running it. Can you please explain about the At the right there might be enough place for a screw-circle in a hill bit.

I mean the track at the right that leads to the switch complex that you imagined an industry. You could let it enter a tunnel and with a spiral make it rise to a higher level.
Then the (now switched from industry to) branch-line head station would be situated on a hillside. This would then serve as a scenery divider. This hill or ridge could also cover the mainland forcing it to enter a small tunnel.
This is often used to model one side of the layout in a rural area and the other side in a city...
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Offline Old Bob One

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2017, 06:06:49 pm »
I have made up my mind (I think) that I shall be using the first plan as it give me plenty to do shunting wise and it also has a run-around bit if I just want to watch a train go round and round. So I shall be ordering the track next week and that's when the fun starts.

Offline Sloughstation

• Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2017, 06:16:15 pm »
 :claphappy: I'm sure we all look forward to seeing it's progress...

Offline Old Bob One

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 08:20:30 pm »
I have gone and done it now. I bought a blooming train lol. I shall be ordering the track to run it on this week I hope.

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:06 pm »
Nice choice, Bob. :thumbsup:
I have the late crest green version

Offline Old Bob One

• Awards