Mr and Mrs Skyline and the Rocky Mountaineer

Started by Skyline2uk, May 28, 2017, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

congratulations on the nuptials, this is a journey we have on our bucket list as well. some may remember this layout of Thompson river which was on the Australian exhibition circuit a few years ago,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC-qEb_P8k built by Rod Warren and Vic Fitzpatrick. They were/are founding members of the Melbourne N-Track group.
cheers
Graham

Bealman

First time I've seen that. Very good modelling!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

grumbeast

Congratulations!! 
Bienvenue au Canada!!!

I cant think of a better place to spend your honeymoon! and I hope it was everything you'd hoped it would be!  The transcon mainline through BC is stunning and you've made me homesick.. Can't wait to sell the house and move back!

Of course, you now have to decide whether you prefer CN or CP  .. the age old argument between Canadian railfans :) :)

Steamie+

Quote from: Webbo on May 29, 2017, 07:58:13 AM
Steamie

The loco in your first link is a model of an ES44AC of 4400 HP and manufactured by GE. It and the similar looking and older AC4400 are the main units used to haul freight along the Canadian Pacific mainline in British Columbia in the present day. The two locos in Adam's 6th photo are almost certainly AC4400s. Kato modelled the AC4400 also, but Fox Valley Models also makes the ES44AC.

Canadian Pacific didn't use F7s but they did run FP7s which were essentially F7s extended by 4' to accommodate a steam generator unit for passenger service. Models of these are made by Intermountain.

Webbo

Thanks for the info Ian, very welcome indeed, i am running Rule 1 so i think a couple maybe appearing on Roedann Viaduct at some point. They are truly good looking loco's.

Quote from: Skyline2uk on May 29, 2017, 08:04:31 AM
Quote from: Webbo on May 29, 2017, 07:58:13 AM
Steamie

The loco in your first link is a model of an ES44AC of 4400 HP and manufactured by GE. It and the similar looking and older AC4400 are the main units used to haul freight along the Canadian Pacific mainline in British Columbia in the present day. The two locos in Adam's 6th photo are almost certainly AC4400s. Kato modelled the AC4400 also, but Fox Valley Models also makes the ES44AC.

Canadian Pacific didn't use F7s but they did run FP7s which were essentially F7s extended by 4' to accommodate a steam generator unit for passenger service. Models of these are made by Intermountain.

Webbo

Thanks for the info Webbo. I was very tempted by an n gauge loco in Candadian Pacific red, as you say those locos in my 6th picture were the inspiration.

I am not sure what the n gauge model was, but it was an Atlas model I believe.

Skyline2uk

I want one in Blue.

Quote from: Bealman on May 29, 2017, 08:12:36 AM
I'm heading over to Canberra soon to have a look at Webbo's lovely Canadian layout. Watch this forum!  :beers:

Hope you have a great time at Webbo's George and please can we have some photo's of your visit.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lankyman

You don't need a honeymoon to go on the Rocky Mountaineer but when your honeymoon was a week in Barrow-in-Furness in December with no money then every holiday after that is a honeymoon. We did the Great Rail Journeys "Canadian" trip in 2005 for our 40th Anniversary and my 60th birthday. We went on VIARail's "The Canadian" from Toronto to Jasper then over to Banff for the Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver. Travelling from East to West it just got better and the RM was the icing on the cake. We were fortunate to get seats in the leading double deck vehicle and I got plenty of videos including the complete run through the Spiral Tunnels through the Continental Divide. An unforgettable experience and long may you remember your trip. My congratulations on your marriage and I can still recommend it after 51 years and still counting.

Ron
Ron

Lazy-Ferret

Congratulations....

Mrs Ferret and I flew out to Canada to get married in 2005, and started our journey on the Rocky Mountaineer, having the pleasure of travelling "Gold Leaf" from Vancouver to Banff. It's an amazing trip.
"Only a man that drives a second-hand car knows how hard it is to drive a bargain!"
South East 4x4 Responder

about our other loves

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations