What’s your latest “Loco and Rolling Stock” or item for your use !!

Started by Steamie+, May 21, 2017, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

This are my latest Acquisition's that came yesterday,

The Roco WLANmaus, is a great bit of kit.

These Kato single track bridges, can't wait to put them on my new ripped up Roedann Viaduct layout.

And these Kato Train Set cases, really nice but i had to pay import duties from Japan, not really happy about that, i my well sell these for the price i paid for them. I won't be buying anymore. lol.

Got the bridges from Japan brand new and far cheaper than over here and no import duties to pay. The Roco WLANmaus i tried out before ripping the track up of the layout, i am going to be using Kato Unitrack, it's far easier and better for me and i can do a lot more with it, the points are great with built in motors, so need for any extras or wiring (soldering is a bit of a nightmare) but was getting there with it, but all the messing about setting up the soldering iron was a bit of a pain, plus saves on electric, now a bit more money for some goodies.   The cases i may or may not use for my train packs.    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kaian

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know the Multimaus existed. Might pick on up at some point for my Z21, depends if the tablet and 2 smart phones are enough for all points and trains.
Craig

JayM481

Import duty and tax seems hit or miss. Those Kato boxes are very nice though. I have a couple, but they can take a bit of foam cutting to fit some UK stock.

Steamie+

Quote from: Kaian on May 21, 2017, 04:28:08 PM
Thanks for sharing, I didn't know the Multimaus existed. Might pick on up at some point for my Z21, depends if the tablet and 2 smart phones are enough for all points and trains.

This is where i got mine from.

http://www.dcctrainautomation.co.uk/roco-10813-wifi-multimaus.html

James is very good with any help you need for what ever reason.  :thumbsup:

cohort

Could not agree more over the superiority of Kato Unitrack. I have been happy assembling and then reassembling and then some more, until I start to see a configuration that makes perfect sense and also looks good. Only then will I start fixing it down permanently

Steamie+

You are spot on @cohort The versatility of Kato to put down and take up and change so quickly is brilliant and don't let those rivet counters tell you otherwise, i have seen some excellent layouts that when they have been ballasted properly you would find it very hard to tell it was Kato.      :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Steamie+

This is my latest acquisition.

They are going to be used on ROEDANN VIADUCT for the points.    :thumbsup:

guest6107

I pre-ordered a Kato Japanese C12 tank engine. I don't know when the actual delivery will be but I'm still working on its diorama anyway, small industrial site setting. A circle of track is on its way to try these engines out.

http://www.katomodels.com/n/c12/

cohort

Love those Japanese steam engines. There is something subtlely unique about the look of them

Steamie+

This is my new Acquisition, ok it's 2nd hand but try and get a Crab for £30 and a great runner from anywhere else at that price. Wanted one of these for such a long time, only thing is a want it to run DCC, does anyone know who can do it for me.

It needs a good clean and the top of the tender whats a touch of paint, but i love it.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

silly moo

I have three Poole Farish crabs that I won't part with because they run so well, one of their better efforts.

Malc

@Steamie+ Have a word with @Only Me . He might be able to help.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

silly moo

I got this little beauty at a local swapmeet for the equivalent of £56 DCC fitted, it runs beautifully and I'm really pleased with it. The only snag was not knowing what model of decoder it was and what the address was. In the end I removed the decoder and put it into another loco. I will wait till someone at our club can help.
:NGaugersRule:

Steamie+

Quote from: silly moo on June 09, 2017, 04:34:21 PM

I got this little beauty at a local swapmeet for the equivalent of £56 DCC fitted, it runs beautifully and I'm really pleased with it. The only snag was not knowing what model of decoder it was and what the address was. In the end I removed the decoder and put it into another loco. I will wait till someone at our club can help.
:NGaugersRule:

What a beautiful little loco that is, i love the colour. :heart: :heart:

I would love mine to be Crimson Red like they have on the East Lancs Railway. Has soon as i saw this loco i loved it. It is such a great bit of engineering which is what i look for in the locos, thats probably why i love Steamers more then Diesels, but then again there are some really nice Diesels also, i like the older models though, the new ones don't do a lot for me, but you can never say never can you.     :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Steamie+

I suppose i should have named this thread "Whats Your latest Loco and Rolling Stock" but i thought it would be more of a general thread, were members could post what ever they had just bought or acquired, not just Kato related, it's for any make or brand, be it locos, rolling stock, buildings, or anything that they have just got for their layout.

Still it's early days and i hope there will be more interest in the thread at a later date.

Happy Modelling Everyone.     :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations