what did father christmas bring you?

Started by findus, December 25, 2011, 08:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Because the Wife and I have been full of cold germs the past few days we missed out on the big Christmas dinner at our Sons where all the presents get handed out.

A special delivery from my Stepdaughter today surprised me with a railway kind of present, a book called "The Historical Atlas of World Railways", great reading for someone like me that loves all railways the world over.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

A book on Blender, and a book on LNER carriages...
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Paul B

Apart from the typical Christmas presents (calenders, socks - although I did need some new ones!  :thumbsup: ) I got the handbook to British Heritage railways, which should keep me busy for visits for ages, and the Railworks Train Simulator 2012, which will keep me quiet at home for ages!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

grumbeast

Finally online, sounds like everyone had a great Xmas.  For my part my wonderful wife listens to me talking in my sleep for presents (apparently i talk about trains).  Apparently I was talking about trams as she got me a kato Duwag Tram advertising Dom Kolsch from Cologne.   Singularly appropriate as that's where we spent last christmas and I did enjoy the Kolsch :)

That was the only rail related thing but also got a few novels, a few steam punk jewelry books (a somewhat self serving pressie on behalf of the missus ;) and from my best mate a stunning book, Hardware : the definitive sf works of Chris Foss.

Now I have to get in the garage and finally make decision regarding my track plan, I'm getting sick of not running trains!

Graham

MinZaPint

I hope you all enjoyed christmas, I certainly did. My railway related prezzies

2 framed photos taken by my nephew on the Swanage railway, the spam can "Tangmere" is hauling the first train to run from London in June 2009 and rebuilt West Country "Eddystone" on the "Wessex Belle" in December the same year. Excellent book from the wife on Swanage (on which I have loosely based my layout, I wanted an authentic track plan) and in use for the first time a steamer mug from my niece, I'm not left handed but that's the side with the SCHOOLS on. The Scalescenes printout is the one HID thinks I'm getting on with instead of being on here!

Oh and New Years wish, a Postie like Griffo49's!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Tank

That's funny, I got exactly the same mug for Christmas!   ;D

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2011, 12:21:31 PM
That's funny, I got exactly the same mug for Christmas!   ;D

We'll have you converted to coal eating monsters in no time :evil: :A1Tornado:

Tank

LOL  Other than a heritage train or two......never!!! ;D

Griffo

Quote from: MinZaPint on December 28, 2011, 12:18:52 PM
Oh and New Years wish, a Postie like Griffo49's!

You keep your hands off him. He's mine!

MinZaPint

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2011, 12:34:16 PM
LOL  Other than a heritage train or two......never!!! ;D

Guess thats a start at least, just wait till you watch all that lovely valve gear working!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Jess

My sister got me a book on British Steam Locomotives, and the boyfriend got me a fantastic book on the History of Steam & Rail :D Plenty of pictures to keep me happy haha.

steamerdave

Hi all, looks like you all have had a great time and recieved some nice presents from family members. My wife treated me to a Class 220 001 Maiden Voyager Virgin Trains four car unit, I also got a nice Shell Tanker already weathered, looks good. I treated myself to an X Type Jaguar, having been loyal to Ford for the last 30 odd years my Fusion's cambelt let go the other day and with 100000 on the clock I dont think its viable to repair, it will be going on fleabay soon. Ford dont have anything that grabs me at the moment so this was the next best as it is Mondeo based with a posh badge. I still have plenty of train time left before life goes back to normal next week so the new train wil be run in by then,
Anyway I wish you all a happy new year and good luck with the raffle!!!

Dave

Kipper

Rest of family came "oop North" and have now gone, but left me with enough wonga to blow on railway goodies at the Newark Toy Fair on Sunday - result!

Donkey

I must have been a good boy as SWMBO got me a BachFar 2 carriage class 101 and a class 45 peak, both in green. Also a gorgeous Dapol B1. Must get layout finished to get these beauties running!

;D

Irish Padre

Got home from Afghanistan to find a Farish 'Peak' from my darling wife, plus 3 Farish Presflos from the in-laws!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations