!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 49413 times)

Offline broadsword

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #870 on: July 29, 2017, 08:36:33 am »
The Tony Curtis joke was around in the 50s, long before the TV advert.

I always regarded the Tony Curtis gag as among the best jokes of all time.

Like  Q     Who was the last man to box Sonny Liston ?

A     The undertaker.................

Offline steve836

• N Gauge Society Number: 22948
    • Awards
« Reply #871 on: July 30, 2017, 08:51:14 am »
What's the deal with Nasal hair?

Before I reached 40 I was happily unaware that they existed, my nostril where just a bogey mine.

Suddenly now I have reached 41 my body has decided to produce these things over night, and they grow faster than bamboo. I mean how long do they have to be, and why do they attach themselves to your tender parts.

Yesterday I decided enough was enough with one of them, so I wrenched it out, I have just finished CRYING NOW!!!! I'm sure it was attached to my nether regions.

I'm now sitting at my desk, wondering if I should get all my mail changed from Mr Price to Mrs Price, and another of the pesky  :censored: :censored: buggers has decided to sprout from my other nostril

I HATE GETTING OLD ITS PANTS

Just wait it's ears next!!!!  :-X
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Offline Jerry Howlett

• N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #872 on: July 30, 2017, 11:06:26 am »
 :laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :laughabovepost:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline Big bad John

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26400
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #873 on: September 10, 2017, 12:54:19 am »
 :-[ I was warned! I should have heeded @Bob Tidbury when I told him I'd bought a Dapol manor and he said check the front bogie screw as his had fell out while he was testing it. Guess what! The little bugger wasn't there when I took the loco of my test track. I've used my best eyeball a magnet and my hand held Vax but it seems that the fiddle yard fairies have magicked it away forever. I suppose it serves me right as I was trying to wind Bob up when he was telling me. Now where do I find a replacement screw of that size.  :hmmm:

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #874 on: October 12, 2017, 12:07:22 pm »
Received a letter today from the N Gauge Society dated 9.10.17 to say my membership expired July 2017. Of course, this is my fault for not remembering a subscription I paid for 3 years ago but is it asking the impossible to have a reminder sent before the expiry date rather ' the horse has bolted so you'll miss out on at least 1 journal' letter?
Not angry but not happy either :unimpressed:

Offline dannyboy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #875 on: October 12, 2017, 12:14:16 pm »
I may be wrong, but I thought reminders were sent - maybe they forgot you. However @newportnobby  you should be able to get a copy of the issue you have missed Mick.
http://newweb.ngaugesociety.com/?page_id=71
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: 26722
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #876 on: October 12, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »
Tell me which issue you are missing Mick and if I have it I'll send you my copy as I've read it and no longer need it. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline newportnobby

• N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #877 on: October 12, 2017, 04:01:22 pm »
Tell me which issue you are missing Mick and if I have it I'll send you my copy as I've read it and no longer need it. :)

:pmsign:
 :thankyousign:

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #878 on: October 12, 2017, 04:48:50 pm »
What's the deal with Nasal hair?

Before I reached 40 I was happily unaware that they existed, my nostril where just a bogey mine.

Suddenly now I have reached 41 my body has decided to produce these things over night, and they grow faster than bamboo. I mean how long do they have to be, and why do they attach themselves to your tender parts.

Yesterday I decided enough was enough with one of them, so I wrenched it out, I have just finished CRYING NOW!!!! I'm sure it was attached to my nether regions.

I'm now sitting at my desk, wondering if I should get all my mail changed from Mr Price to Mrs Price, and another of the pesky  :censored: :censored: buggers has decided to sprout from my other nostril

I HATE GETTING OLD ITS PANTS

I think there is the possibility that you are too young for model trains. Just spotted that the Busch N Tarmac Road is :-

-Scenery item
-Not a toy - designed for collectors over the age of 232
-May require assembly

Only another 163 years before I qualify.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Busch-7087-N-Tarmac-Road/dp/B0000WOHLG/ref=pd_rhf_yast_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0000WOHLG&pd_rd_r=HCBBG91XV6K5H74PST7A&pd_rd_w=wh2JD&pd_rd_wg=AxkPt&psc=1&refRID=HCBBG91XV6K5H74PST7A
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks

Membre 0196. Association Française des Amis du N (AFAN)

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #879 on: Yesterday at 05:10:24 pm »
During the weekend, our 7 year old dog 'Bonnie' became unwell, having been on a prescription diet for two years. I told my wife that I would ring the Vets this afternoon. I went to bed this morning after working last night and when I got up, it was obvious that 'Bonnie' was in a bad way, so I rang the Vet. I was told that, due to the storm affecting Ireland, I could not take her until tomorrow morning. At first I was quite annoyed, but could not really complain, as my wife had sent a message saying that she was staying with one of her work colleagues as the shop she works in had closed and I had received a call from work telling me not to go in tonight as the factory was shutting down, due to the storm. Anyway, to the point, 'Bonnie' has just died, peacefully, but how do I ring my wife and tell her? She was devastated when 'Misty', (in my little picture), died nearly two years ago and we still miss her.  So, I am sat here, waiting for the weather to improve a bit, before I go dig another hole in the garden. Just wanted to offload. Thanks for reading.
As an afterthought, there is always someone worse of than oneself - I have just heard that there are thousands in Ireland without electricity and sadly, one lady has been killed. Life can be a pain at times.  :beers:
David.

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #880 on: Yesterday at 06:45:10 pm »
Sorry to hear of your sad loss, Dannyboy. Non pet owners don’t understand that you are not losing a pet, but a valued and loved member of the family. I don’t envy you having to tell your wife.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #881 on: Yesterday at 06:52:37 pm »
Fell for you @dannyboy I had a similar situation when our cat died. My wife was 3000 miles away, and when she got home, I was going to be away. Very difficult to break the news over the phone when you can't hold the other person. A hug or cuddle always helps.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks

Membre 0196. Association Française des Amis du N (AFAN)

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #882 on: Yesterday at 07:14:50 pm »
As you say Malc, it is a bit like loosing a member of the family. I have now contacted my wife - she is heartbroken but has made me promise to not go pick her up because of the weather, so I will not be able to console her properly until tomorrow. I started digging a hole but had to stop as, apart from getting dark, the rain has come back, although it is not quite as windy as it was. Living where I do, there will be trees down somewhere on the lane that I have to drive on so we will see what comes with the morrow. The internet is back after being down for a couple of hours, so I can still 'talk' to people, but the mobile is still down. Thanks to Malc and Mike. I will get the bottle of 'Jura' out in a bit!  :beers:
David.

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #883 on: Yesterday at 07:56:07 pm »
 :heart: David ( @dannyboy )
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline newportnobby