!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: AnyRail printout problem  (Read 1723 times)

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
AnyRail printout problem
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:20:50 pm »
I have used AnyRail to plan my layout and find it very versatile and easy to use. However I have struck a problem with printouts.
I printed out a 1:1 copy of my layout to assist with track laying on my baseboards but the individual pages printed out do not line up with each other properly unless I leave a gap of a millimetre or two between the pages both horizontally and vertically.
Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to get round it? Or have I got something set up wrong?
No problems with any other printouts with any other software - very odd!
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline terrysoham

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22528
    • Awards
Re: AnyRail printout problem
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:26:06 pm »
Hi,

Have you tried contacting Anyrail?    They have proved very helpful in the past.

Regards
Terry Metcalfe
Ely and District Model Railway Club
Owner of Neely, modern N scale representation of Ely, available for exhibitions

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 07:28:43 pm »
Hi,

Have you tried contacting Anyrail?    They have proved very helpful in the past.

Regards
No I haven't but I might just do that if nobody has met this problem before.  :thankyousign:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline André-NL

• Trade Count: (0)
    • My videos on Vimeo
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 07:53:12 pm »
Hi Bob,

Maybe this will do the trick,

If you go to "options" under the "File" tab there should be something like "allignment marking".
Don't know how it's called in English, my Anyrail is in Dutch :D.

When it's on than you get a marking at each corner (a quarter). Then 4 printouts together should make a full circle.

André

Offline Steve.T

• N Gauge Society Number: 23237
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:03:25 pm »
Hi,

I have used Anyrail for sometime now and never had a problem with 1:1 printouts.

I have just tried to print a few pages with the latest software and still prints correctly.
There is really nothing to set-up in Anyrail, only to set ratio at 1:1 and I recommend  checking the Print Alignment markers checkbox.
It is more likely something in your printer set-up needs adjusting, but as all printers differ slightly difficult for me to suggest what.

If you select Print Alignment markers then you should see a print preview of the first page before you clickthe print button and you should see that there are margins (even though small) and markers at any corner that connects to another page. If you don't see these then it will print wrongly.

Ensure in printer properties you have some margins (on mine I can just tick "minimum margins" als make sure you have A4 paper selected (assuming you are printing to A4).

Steve
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:30:04 pm by Sprintex, Reason: Fixed incorrect image code »
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:14:36 pm »
Hi,

I have used Anyrail for sometime now and never had a problem with 1:1 printouts.

I have just tried to print a few pages with the latest software and still prints correctly.
There is really nothing to set-up in Anyrail, only to set ratio at 1:1 and I recommend  checking the Print Alignment markers checkbox.
It is more likely something in your printer set-up needs adjusting, but as all printers differ slightly difficult for me to suggest what.

If you select Print Alignment markers then you should see a print preview of the first page before you clickthe print button and you should see that there are margins (even though small) and markers at any corner that connects to another page. If you don't see these then it will print wrongly.

Ensure in printer properties you have some margins (on mine I can just tick "minimum margins" als make sure you have A4 paper selected (assuming you are printing to A4).

Steve

Thanks Steve. My printer was set to borderless printing which loses some of the 'marker' on the corner of the page. Set printer to equivalent of minimum margin as you suggested and now everything is ok. Except - I have to print out 160 pages for my whole layout!! Many thanks Steve.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:30:52 pm by Sprintex, Reason: Fixed incorrect image code »

Bob Austin

Offline Steve.T

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 08:18:52 pm »
Thanks, Well at least that is one useful thing I managed to do today, I think I will treat myself to a beer from the fridge  :beers:

Steve

Steve

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 08:21:40 pm »
Thanks, Well at least that is one useful thing I managed to do today, I think I will treat myself to a beer from the fridge  :beers:
Steve
Have one from me Steve - but don't send me the bill eh!!

Bob Austin

Offline Steve.T

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 08:21:52 pm »
Oh, I am sure you have seen it, but make sure you click on "suppress empty pages" otherwise you get lots of almost blank sheets with 4 markers at each corner, unless every inch of your layout is covered in track  :)

Steve

Steve

Online austinbob

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »
Oh, I am sure you have seen it, but make sure you click on "suppress empty pages" otherwise you get lots of almost blank sheets with 4 markers at each corner, unless every inch of your layout is covered in track  :)

Steve

Yeh! done that Steve - still 160 pages though!

Bob Austin

Offline Steve.T

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 08:48:36 pm »
Sounds a reasonable sized layout then.
But even with mine that fits on 3 boards 4' X 2' each I think there were nearly 60 sheets and I seemed to have paper everywhere, was a nightmare trying to keep them in order.
Good luck with that lot then.  :D

Steve

Offline 1936ace

• N Gauge Society Number: 22564
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:34 am »
And when you do print them out, I use UHU glue to join them. It gives you time to make sure you have aligned the pages.
The other good tip is,  if you have a spare child around bored over the holidays employ them to do as I did. After 90 pages for my main station, my 14 yr old was no longer bored.
Glad you got it sorted👍
Bart

ScottyStitch

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 12:54:07 pm »
And when you do print them out, I use UHU glue to join them. It gives you time to make sure you have aligned the pages.
The other good tip is,  if you have a spare child around bored over the holidays employ them to do as I did. After 90 pages for my main station, my 14 yr old was no longer bored.
Glad you got it sorted
Bart

Alternatively, strategic poistioning of little sellotape *  pieces.

*Other brands of clear sticky tape are available.
Scotty

Offline Rongriff

• N Gauge Society Number: 26051
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:40 pm »
I find when printing out your layout it's often easier to break it up into manageable blocks. If you've got flexi involved then cut tracks at convenient points and disconnect a section, select all of it and print. Minor alignment errors won't matter when marking each segment onto the baseboard since the flexi will, well, flex :)

Offline Bikeracer

• N Gauge Society Number: 21763
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 11:34:02 am »
I found that when I printed all mine out it was possible to get slight mis-alignments.

I was using a Canon laser printer at the time and put it down to printer error,especially with the heat build up with a laser printer.

I printed mine out on light card/heavy paper if memory serves and actually cut the track parts out and joined them together with sellotape,this helped with the alignment but could be like a huge christmas decoration at times.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here