!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kato Unitrack System  (Read 27880 times)

Offline Pjlons83

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Kato Unitrack System
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2017, 09:52:29 pm »
Hi,

Does anybody have the track height to hand (from baseboard). I’m trying to work out what the platform height should be. I know it’s 6mm from top of rail to platform but I don’t have the baseboard to top of rail measurement for Unitrack.

Thanks
Thanks,
Paul

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently under construction; http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39084.0

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2017, 09:58:30 pm »
Hi,

Does anybody have the track height to hand (from baseboard

7mm   (I just measured a couple of bits on my workbench, I got between 6.95mm and 7.07mm)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:59:40 pm by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Pjlons83

• Awards
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2017, 10:02:52 pm »

7mm   (I just measured a couple of bits on my workbench, I got between 6.95mm and 7.07mm)

Thanks. 12mm MDF it is then! With a bit of something to prop it up a mm.
Thanks,
Paul

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently under construction; http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39084.0

Offline colpatben

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27022
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2018, 08:19:36 am »
The Double Y junction shown below is part of the layout plan for Bexhill West and Beyond

which is to be built using Kato track with DCC Control.

The question is does this diagram below work electrically?

I am assuming that the Kato X15 crossings at X1, X2 and X3 do not need any special provision for frog isolation or to get power to the far side of the crossing.

This statement from Sumida Crossing website supports this assumption

http://www.sumidacrossing.org/ModelTrains/TrackandRoadbed/KatoUnitrack/UnitrackSwitchesEtc/

‘There are two separate versions of this: the X15R and X15L. In the X15R, the longer segment diverges to the right as you move along the 186mm segment (and the X15L diverges to the left, of course).

Both routes are electrically isolated (both rails) from each other, but do not block current along the route (i.e., a power feed to the rails is only needed on one side of each route).’

We never have problems, only solutions!
My Layout Link
Colin

Offline colpatben

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2018, 07:45:41 am »
 :bump: Is there anyone with any thoughts :hmmm: on the above post #168
My Layout Link
Colin

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2018, 10:10:00 am »
I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. Is the idea that the locos return up the same track when it hits the reverser, or is the point automatically switched.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Offline colpatben

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2018, 12:10:56 pm »
I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. Is the idea that the locos return up the same track when it hits the reverser, or is the point automatically switched.

The ultimate goal is full automation, such that any train proceeding to or leaving from Bexhill West Station situated to the R/H side of the crossover, can use any track and can become either an Up or Down train. All Turnouts will be selected and switched automatically under the dictates of the timetable.

Hence the reason for two separate Auto Reversers in the sections between T1/T2 and the Crossover on the right.

I am just trying to get confirmation that the concept for the wiring is sound before track laying begins.

We may temporarily replace the two auto reversers with DPCO switches wired for polarity reversal to test on DC and prove that the power is at all parts of the track.
My Layout Link
Colin

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here