Calling Chris Morris - Ridgacre Branch

Started by Northman, December 22, 2014, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northman

This impressive N scale layout featured in RM November 2014 - I would really like to have more detail - for example the Anyrail track plan and parts list and more information as to how it was built.

I cannot find the layout through the forum search engine - if Chris is reading this could he please get in touch or publish the plan here? 

Does anyone have a contact email for Chris?

Happy Christmas to all members whilst I am on and thanks for your many helpful and interesting posts.

tripper

Quote from: Northman on December 22, 2014, 09:05:07 PM
This impressive N scale layout featured in RM November 2014 - I would really like to have more detail - for example the Anyrail track plan and parts list and more information as to how it was built.

I cannot find the layout through the forum search engine - if Chris is reading this could he please get in touch or publish the plan here? 

Does anyone have a contact email for Chris?

Happy Christmas to all members whilst I am on and thanks for your many helpful and interesting posts.
Hi Northman,  I've just finished reading the railway modeller article and had a search on t'interweb and came across your posting.  Did you ever find out any more details on this layout?  I'm trying to sort out a layout plan for a 90cm x 60cm baseboard and thought some of the details might help my quest.
Regards, Ken.

tripper

Hi glenng,   I've not been able to find your message, (I may be doing something wrong, me being a dinosaur doesn't help!!).
Regards, Ken.

Newportnobby

Ken - on the top toolbar 'My Messages' should be visible in bold with a (1) next to it.
Click 'My Messages' then 'Read Messages'

tripper

Hi npn,  Many thanks for that, I've checked that now, but there's no message from glenng.
Regards, Ken.

Northman

Hi - I think Glenn G sent me a message instead of intended recipient Ken - the message was the same four photos that were in the magazine - which Ken already has ;)

Chris Morris

I haven't logged on this forum for quite a while but I was told to have a look on here by someone at an exhibition today. I'll  try post the Anyrail plan for  the Ridgacre branch tomorrow if I get chance.

Had a very enjoyable day running Ridgacre at the Bournville model railway club exhibition today. The Ridgacre branch is booked to go to Steam at Swindon on 12 & 13th September, Rodington model railway exhibition on 7th November and Stafford show on 6th & 7th February 2016.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Chris Morris

I can't see how to add photos to this thread so I have posted a track plan and some photos here - http://www.uqr.vacau.com/ridgacreh.html

Chris Morris

I've got round to being able to add pictures so here are some photos of the Ridgacre Branch
The track plan
[smg id=32712 type=preview align=center caption="ridgacreppt"]

And the whole layout which is 44" by 27". Despite this small size it represents a suburban branch line with three stations - Spring Hill, Worlds End and Ridgacre.
[smg id=32714 type=preview align=center caption="Untitled"]

Chris Morris

The branch starts in the hidden yard which in my mind is a big Station like Snow Hill
It looks like this when in hidden mode
[smg id=32717 type=preview align=center caption="hy04"]

And this when open. Visitors to exhibitions like to see this
[smg id=32718 type=preview align=center caption="hy03"]

Chris Morris

The first station is Spring Hill. Still very close to the big city and has colour lights because it is controlled by the central city station. Also because there wasn't enough room to use Dapol semaphores.

Passenger waits in station for freight from the brewery to clear the line.
[smg id=32719 type=preview align=center caption="sh07"]

Later that same day the prairie is on the last leg of its journey.
[smg id=32720 type=preview align=center caption="sh04"]

Chris Morris

The next station is Worlds End. There is a Worlds End in Quinton, Birmingham. There is no railway anywhere near but it does have a bus service that proudly proclaims its destination to be Worlds End!
The Manor hauling Mk1s is obviously some sort of fill in turn - well tha'ts my excuse.
[smg id=32721 type=preview align=center caption="we46"]

Waiting for the train at WorldsEnd
[smg id=32725 type=preview align=center caption="we20"]

Brewery bound freight presumably full of hops heads off up the hill. Didn't see many class 22s around Birmingham but I like them.
[smg id=32723 type=preview align=center caption="we12"]

Chris Morris

The end of the line at Ridgacre. Ridgacre is part of Quinton in Birmingham but the whole area was nothing but farmland until the 1930s so did not have any kind of railway connection.
[smg id=32726 type=preview align=center caption="r07"]

Loco running round vans ready for journey down the line.
[smg id=32727 type=preview align=center caption="r02"]

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations