Calling Chris Morris - Ridgacre Branch

Started by Northman, December 22, 2014, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Great pictures of a cracking layout, some lovely details in there, thanks for posting.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Chris Morris

The bus service - the bus has now been replaced with a number 9
[smg id=32728 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 2609"]

The brewery - just a standard Metcalf one. The buildings are all planted at different heights and angles to make them look like they were built onto the land available.
[smg id=32729 type=preview align=center caption="brew02"]

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Tank

Very detailed layout.  Thanks for sharing your photographs with us.  :)

Chris Morris

The first exhibition was Warley NEC in November 2014.  l have now done 5 exhibitions in a year and have one definite plus two possible for 2016 and one for 2017 which is nice. So far the layout has run well except for some dodgy connections on my SEEP point motors. I now replace them with Peco motors if they stop working. My friends do not like the control panel - can't see why

[smg id=32740 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 1354[1]"]

I have another layout under construction which will be at Swindon Steam exhibition in September 2016 if all goes to plan.

Chris Morris

Had a great weekend at Ellesmere exhibition. The Ridgacre branch and stock only need minor maintenance before the next show which is Farham in October. Because the layout was at an exhibition i was able to take photos of Ridgacre station from a different angle. The new 64xx ran quite well buts needs more running in. Pick up from the track over dead frog points was excellent.

Chris Morris

Photo of my scratchbuilt waiting room. Must get round to fitting a chimney sometime.

Hailstone

Have you had any problems with the signals or have you modified them?

Regards,

Alex

port perran

That waiting room looks good.
A chimney will certainly finish the job.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Chris Morris

Quote from: Hailstone on January 30, 2017, 07:30:12 PM
Have you had any problems with the signals or have you modified them?

Regards,

Alex
The signals were fine until I fitted a new cdu for the points. Both old and new CDUs were connected the same way and shared the same ac feed as the signals. Over one and half days exhibiting every signal stopped working but it was just one went then a while later another etc. The only thing I can think of is that the new cdu must have allowed some spikes to occur in the supply circuit blowing either the voltage regulator or the diode in every signal.
My cheap and easy solution was to wire the motor for each signal to a centre off sprung two way switch with a dc power supply. I played with the voltage until the signals went up and down at a speed I liked. This has worked fine so far so long as I don't let the signal go down further than it was meant to. I didn't bother with the lights on the signals even though I could get them to work. Although the lights are pretty, on a real railway the oil lamp is very dim. No light can be seen at all during daylight so no light is more realistic, especially as the Dapol lights are so bright.

Chris Morris

I have managed to get a few threads going relating to my two layouts which is confusing. In future I will make all posts to http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=32719

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations