!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: AnyRail  (Read 9624 times)

Offline trainsdownunder

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
Re: AnyRail
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »
FOR YOUR INFO

Something people seem to forget when talking about AnyRail is its excellent Forum that has advice help with drawing and even people willing to plan layouts for you. Free to join at http://www.anyrail.com/forum_en/

There is also some free examples at http://www.anyrail.com/examples_en.html

Offline PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 10:56:59 pm »
I concur, Anyrail is a good product. I'm currently using it to design a Kato Unitrack layout for a door.

Hurrah!  Have you seen my "Lofthole" layout (linked below).  Also designed in AnyRail.

Cheers  Jon  :)
“We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline mr magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20060
  • 2mm Association Number: 4735
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 10:40:57 pm »
If you fancy trying out a layout, then you can also invest a small amount of money in a download of TrainPlayer, import an Anyrail plan into it, populate it with trains and play away. It's a good way of experimenting with 'operating potential' and of getting to play with super large layouts!
 Duh, I've just remembered, I think, that you can import plans from all over into trainplayer, but the point still stands!

Offline Tdm

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
I have been using AnyRail software for quite a while now, but I wasn't aware that there was a Forum for it until someone posted the fact on here so I will join.
I have found AnyRail to be the simplest and easiest to use when compared say to SCARM (which is free by the way) and FOCUS "design your own model railway" software, but it is not perfect by any means and competitors already have some useful & desirable facilities built into them that Anyrail doesn't - such as an "automatic" 3d view option, and a decent library of rolling stock and scenery to add onto the layout, plus the ability to colour code different sections of track rather than have it all one colour.
Anyrail say they are developing a 3D option for the future, but it would be nice also to see a library of N gauge rolling stock that you could select from and place on your track.
Maybe I'll ask such questions on the AnyRail Forum when my registration comes through.
Below is a snapshot of my layout as produced by AnyRail, and below that a slightly older snapshot of my layout in 3D produced by SCARM.

Offline CarriageShed

• N Gauge Society Number: 24383
  • Beechinged 1981-2013
    • Ebay
    • Twitter
    • The History Files
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 01:09:53 pm »
...plus the ability to colour code different sections of track rather than have it all one colour.

You can already create differently-coloured sections of track in AnyRail. Simply select the track you want coloured, add some isolators and create a section. Then you can select a colour to apply to it.

Peter

Offline Tdm

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 01:43:16 pm »
...plus the ability to colour code different sections of track rather than have it all one colour.
You can already create differently-coloured sections of track in AnyRail. Simply select the track you want coloured, add some isolators and create a section. Then you can select a colour to apply to it.
Peter

Thank you Peter - so the trick is to add "Isolators" which I haven't put on my layout.
Will try it as I want to colour the mainline tracks differently as well as the inner loop.
In SCARM you don't need to specify isolators  - just click on the piece of track you want to colour differently & choose a colour for it.

Offline CarriageShed

• N Gauge Society Number: 24383
  • Beechinged 1981-2013
    • Ebay
    • Twitter
    • The History Files
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 03:57:03 pm »
Thank you Peter - so the trick is to add "Isolators" which I haven't put on my layout.
Will try it as I want to colour the mainline tracks differently as well as the inner loop.

Yep. Select your track, click 'add isolators' on the menu (and this doesn't have to reflect real isolators on your layout, of course. It's just for the purposes of changing the track colour). Then click on 'create section' and then chose your track colour.

I'm using the feature to show which pieces of track I've already purchased and which bits I still need. Needless to say, the 'purchased' parts are few in number at this stage!

Offline Rongriff

• N Gauge Society Number: 26051
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:24 pm »
Plus as a bonus for those who want some automation, the track plan can be exported as a JMRI file.

Offline Firefox

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2015, 10:50:41 pm »
I used Anyrail to plan my board. Couldn't fault it for ease of use, but the free version only lets you place 50 items on the layout. Which actually was fine for me. If you have a bigger layout you can break it up into 1200x600 or similar boards with less than 50 items on each, if you want to use the free version.

Offline hatter3127

• N Gauge Society Number: 25954
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 11:48:00 pm »
I do like Anyrail a lot. Have used to design more layouts than I can build, and it also means I can tweek the layout as designing with out relying on my drawing skills!
Have used before printed out, and when done in A4 can be used happily for accurate track positioning.

My only fault / annoyance with the program is that I bought a Licence for Anyrail 3. Had all the updates, and the upgrade to all versions of 4, but with out paying out again (admittedly a reduced rate)  can only get the free version of 5. It's kind of a bug for me, particularly using Kato Unitrack, means I can't access the new items in their library.

Offline NinOz

• N Gauge Society Number: Ex3504
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 03:07:12 am »
Well worth the low price.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £90.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
164% 
November Donations

Advertise Here