!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: SCARM elevation questions  (Read 1190 times)

Offline railsquid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
SCARM elevation questions
« on: October 10, 2014, 04:11:34 pm »
Just wondering, as I haven't hit on the correct combination of keywords to elicit an answer from the Search Overlords...

1. Is there a way of raising a section of track to a uniform height? I know how to "smooth out" an incline, but somehow ended up with a long viaduct section which looked like it was designed for use by the rail equivelant of Evel Knievel, and found it was quicker to delete it and start again.

2. Is there a way of a) raising all elements of an existing plan upwards uniformly, and b) raising the terrain to the same level? I want to create some cuttings, and SCARM doesn't allow you to go beneath the baseboard.

Thanks for any hints :)
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
Re: SCARM elevation questions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 04:14:00 pm »
I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, but the author of SCARM is a member here and may respond. There are also some tutorial videos that may help.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Offline Mixy

• Author of SCARM
    • SCARM layout design software
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:11:29 pm »
Sorry for the late answer - I came across this post just one minute ago.

You can do all that in SCARM very easy :)

First, read the updated help topic about How to set heights and slopes on the tracks in SCARM. Then check also the post about How To Create Tunnel Under The Base Level in SCARM.

Here are some quick tips:

To set a track section to some flat (uniform) height level: select all the tracks first, select some height marker in the selection (no matter which), adjust its value to the desired height level and then press Enter.

To change the whole level of some track section (or the whole plan) with preserving the already set heights and slopes: select the section (or whole plan) select some height in the selection (no matter which) and hold Alt key while adjusting the height value - all other heights in the selection will shift together and the inclines will be preserved.

Mixy

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 11:33:53 pm »
To set a track section to some flat (uniform) height level: select all the tracks first, select some height marker in the selection (no matter which), adjust its value to the desired height level and then press Enter.

To change the whole level of some track section (or the whole plan) with preserving the already set heights and slopes: select the section (or whole plan) select some height in the selection (no matter which) and hold Alt key while adjusting the height value - all other heights in the selection will shift together and the inclines will be preserved.

Many thanks! Much appreciated.
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £90.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
164% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything