Railtec transfers printed in 3D

Started by woodbury22uk, August 13, 2016, 08:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbury22uk

A couple of days back Railtec announced that they now have the equipment to print transfers in 3 dimensions.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/113818-3d-transfers-the-next-generation/

Discussion has focused on the potential for pre-coloured name plates for locomotives with raised lettering and frames, and someone made the suggestion of raised window frames to enhance the old flush sided Farish Mk1 coaches, and windscreen wipers.

I think this could have plenty of potential in N, and the limitation is firstly our ingenuity and secondly the quality of Railtec and their machines.

There are some 4mm/ft items available already, but so far in N only private commissions have been undertaken so not items on general sale.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

XA85

Ta very much for the link! I'm always interested in new technologies and this is an area that looks quite promising. Eager to see what may come forward in future for N scale.

Jerry Howlett

I just did a search for Railtec and this thread popped up.

Well I will wake it up, just ordered a set for a Farish 4F that I got as part of a job lot.

I ordered the "non GWR" loco, my criticism was that there is no obvious step to move on to selecting your desired details but I just went to the email contact section.

To my surprise I got a very rapid response (so unexpectedly rapid that I hadn't bothered checking my in box).  Questions , what size running number, left facing crests ?  and what power classification.  You get to pick your own shed code plate as well.  All turned around within 24 hours. 

I will update when they get here.

Jerry

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Jerry Howlett

Arrived in Italy today!  That is great service.

I have an abundance of 21 Ton mineral and Hopper transfers BR pre TOPS, and the 3D set for my Farish 4F look the dogs doo dahs.  All I have to do is get the Loco ready for them and I will try and post the result.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations