Our eldest has just a casual job

Started by 1936ace, December 20, 2013, 03:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all,
Our eldest has just turned 15 & has gone & got himself a casual job. A week later he was offered a second job & as it's school holidays he is going to do both.
Good on him for having a go & making the most of 8 weeks of no school. He is a fill associate fancy title for stock filler & is making some good $.
Only two more years until he gets his licence can't wait these 10pm drop offs & 2am pick ups are not fun!
All part of being a parent I guess , on a positive note I get to see all the Christmas lights
Bart

Lawrence

Good to hear Bart, hope he is making a small contribution to the household expenses too  ;)

David Asquith

Nice to hear Bart.  See.  There are some good teenagers.

Dave

Newportnobby

Good to hear he is being responsible, Bart :thumbsup:
Is he stocking shelves with anything you'd want? (Thinking staff discount :D)

scotsoft

I have got a feeling your son is going to go far  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

1936ace

Hi all he doing well bumped into lady last as I was walking out of the centre after dropping him off and I was mentioning how he had just started and how he thought he was doing well , she turned out to be the regional manager and she remembered him from the interview all positive so I'm a proud dad
Now re those staff discounts as I'm a bit of a shopper and love all things hardware he gets staffys at masters, cheap petrol , grouceries which is great bad news for home he now has to go shopping with me :D
Tonight he's 2200 to 0200 at big w then 1000 to 1400 at KFC then 2000 to midnight back at big w
Unknown to us he has gone and bought all his own Xmas gifts for the family little zac reckons I'm getting train stuff
In two weeks is earnt just over $500 not bad for a kid just 15
Bart

1936ace

Thanks John he is a good kid even if we have to put a bomb under him to get out of bed in the morning each day
He came first last year at school and came second this year it has annoyed him a little as he missed a question on the reverse side of a English paper
He is pretty switched on and at present is looking at being a doctor according to him that's a good profession and " looks easy enough to get into". Got to love their take on things
Bart

Jerry Howlett

A deservedly proud Dad there Bart, rather than the bomb perhaps you could use these.... :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

1936ace

Hey mate do you have two more he needs it some days gotta luv em
Barr

David Asquith

Here you are Bart.   2 more :toot: :toot:
LOL

Dave

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66